• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone know alot about birth control pills?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:56 PM
  • 7 Replies

Ok so my daughter is finally done breastfeeding and I want to start birth control again! I called my Dr and got my perscription filled for it today. I take Ortho Tri-Cyclen. I was reading the insert about starting a new pack and it says the only options for starting a new pack is to start on the Sunday after your period begins or on the first day of your period. Well my problem is that my last period started on March 22nd. So I should have started the pills on the 28th (4 days ago) I really don't want to wait a whole other month to start taking them! I am not sure for my next period until the end of April. So my question is.....can I start them today and just start taking 1 per day? If I do that should I start with the 4th pill and just toss the ones I would have taken sunday, monday and tuesday? I am really more taking these because it really does wonders for my skin (i have mild acne) I will use other protection but I just want to make sure it wont be messing with my body or periods or whatever.....THANKS!

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
NESmith63
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:14 PM

BUMPING!!

spurdy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:17 PM

Yeah you can just start it today. I would probably just take the sunday and at the end, don't take the last thurs, fri, and sat. Your period shouldn't be really messed up.

spurdy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:19 PM

The pills are stronger in the beginning. Those ones you take during your period are placebos anyway

spurdy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:21 PM

Or, you really could just wait til this Sunday to start. That would probably be best.

NESmith63
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:27 PM

Quoting spurdy:

Or, you really could just wait til this Sunday to start. That would probably be best.

Then should I start with the week 1 "active" pills on Sunday?

NESmith63
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:01 PM

Another bump!

spurdy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:02 PM

That's what I would do.

Quoting NESmith63:

Quoting spurdy:

Then should I start with the week 1 "active" pills on Sunday?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)