• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Labor questions for mamas that have done it more then once.

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:52 PM
  • 31 Replies

When you went into labor with each one, was it similar?

My Dr says it's any day now and with my first daughter I think I lost my plug a little at a time and I don't remember having any "show". May water also didn't break until right before I pushed her out.  (TMI part -->) So I went to the bathroom and had a little bit of mucus-y discharge with what looked like a little bit of brownish-red in it. Does this sound like anything anyone else had? I think I'm just expecting it to be similar to last time, so I'm not sure if I should be "watching" for different signs.

Ha! Made you look!

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stevi3905
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:54 PM

Yeah that is actually really common. The same thing can happen with the water breaking.

oceanus407
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:58 PM

The brownish-red could be a sign of the water breaking?

Quoting stevi3905:

Yeah that is actually really common. The same thing can happen with the water breaking.

Ha! Made you look!

fallnangel93
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:59 PM

With my first one (twins) I lost my mucus plug the same morning they were born. I never really had the bloody show that they talk about, with either pregnancy. The doctors had to break my water with my twins too. With my youngest dd, I lost my mucus plug at like 35 weeks...and didn't have her until 41 weeks. They also had to break my water then too.

MonroeLoves82
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:00 PM

Not one bit!

smec769
by Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:01 PM

No.  My two labors were entirely different.  First one..my water broke and I had mild contractions all night.  Ended up having to get pitocin the next day.  My second labor I started with strong contractions 10 min apart and had a lot of bloody show.  Contractions quickly became 3 minutes apart and my water didn't break until a few hours later while I was in the hospital.

CarterMommy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:01 PM

they were kinda similar... but not exactly the same ( you can read my birth stories in my journals for the full stories) but basically with #1 my water TORE first and when the broke it the rest of the way is when labor started... with #2 it was just contractions and my water didn't break until his head was already almost out and #3 i was having contractions and went in and my water broke a few minutes before i had him

Double.L
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:02 PM

All three were completly different. The first was induced early due to complications, my second labor started on my due date and I had an epidural, my third came early and I went natural.

NanaB37
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:02 PM

OMG, something's totally wrong you should call a doctor. 

Oh, wait.  You're here on CM.  That's like the same thing, right?

wubbunny420
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:03 PM

my water never broke with any of my kids without help. i lost my plug 3 days before with ds 1 and dont even remember loosing it with any of the other ones. each labor is so different

allmyblessings
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:05 PM

With my first I didn't lose my plug but my water broke and it was full of blood. With my second I lost my plug at 28 weeks, water started leaking at 30 weeks and delivered him at 32 weeks. With my 3rd I didn't lose my plug and my dr broke my water during labor. With my 4th I lost my plug at 38 weeks and had him at 39 weeks. With my 5th I didn't lose my plug and my dr broke my water during labor at 35 weeks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)