Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Abuse??

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:08 PM
  • 24 Replies

I replied in another post that to me if a man beats his wife that is abuse of his children too.  It is abuse even if he never lays a hand on his children.  It is emotional abuse and it inflicts fear.  Am I the only one that feels this way?

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kayleismom416
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:09 PM

no your not i feel the same

hedtrippe
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:10 PM

No, i agree and in the state of colorado it is cosidered abuse to even yell at one another in front of your children

Double.L
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:11 PM

If his children see and are old enough to feel fear from it than yes I would consider it emotional abuse. I do not think that a man who physically abuses his wife would abuse his children though, it's more likely that he would based on his anger issues/moral character but not a guarantee.

Dimples04
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:12 PM

NO you are not.  I work in a domestic violence shelter.  The things that kids hear, see & know are things that children should never have to expierence.  Kids grow up acting out the same relationships that they see growing up.  It is a vicious cycle & the children are the silent victims because more often than not they have no voice in what goes on in the home, the court, or anywhere else. 

MondestinMommy2
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:13 PM

I agree it is emotional abuse,where I live if your investigated by CPS and it's determined there is domestic violence they will remove the children.

mommy2cristian
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:15 PM

I think it depends on what you mean about inflicting fear & emotional abuse.  Examples.  I mean every situation isn't black & white so it depends.  Can't make a blanket statement so I guess in a way it is but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. 

mommy2cristian
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:16 PM

that's not entirely or always true

Quoting Dimples04:

NO you are not.  I work in a domestic violence shelter.  The things that kids hear, see & know are things that children should never have to expierence.  Kids grow up acting out the same relationships that they see growing up.  It is a vicious cycle & the children are the silent victims because more often than not they have no voice in what goes on in the home, the court, or anywhere else. 

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:16 PM

Nope not as  far as I am concerned. ACS also feels it is "Neglect" and will  open a "neglect" case in NY if the father/mother is arrested for abuse of the other spouse. An Order of Protection will be issued to the children and the parent that got beat from Family Court in addition to the criminal charges from the police.

SASSY762    Easter - Betty Boop

rg87
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:18 PM

No.

Motherof3inNJ
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:23 PM

It is emotional abuse and it inflicts fear but unfortunately this isn't a good enough reason to have no contact between father and child.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)