Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you worked in a restaurant or know anything about them?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:34 PM
  • 32 Replies

I have a question...

On specials night, my family and I always go to this one Japanese steakhouse to have hibachi(where they make the food in front of you). The food is awesome, tastes great, but it always always makes us sick.

Now I'm sure you're wondering why we keep going...I consider it part of my weight loss plan to be honest. It "cleans me out". And the food really does taste good.

I assume we're getting food poisoning. Is that because they cook all the food with the same utensils? How can it be sanitary to cook fish, chicken and beef with the same spatula, especially when you use the same one for cooked and raw foods and interchange them?

Or is it something else that makes us sick?

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abstractmommy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:40 PM

bump

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:43 PM

it could be cross contamination or if they use any special sauces?  Have you told the restaurant you get sick there?  I would not go there if it made me sick personally.

mimi_green_eyez
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:45 PM

Cross contamination is one thing. However, it wouldn't happen every time you eat it. You also have to look at how the food is prepared, the preservatives and other ingredients in the food (msg, etc) as well as the amount of time the uncooked food is being left out at room temperature.

BlessedToBMommy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Its probablly the oil, where we go uses alot of oil when cooking does the same t ous too.

imthatgirl728
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:46 PM

If you were getting food poisoning you would be down for days throwing up and diarrhea.

Since they are cooking these foods with heat cross contamination isn't a worry...as long as they're cooking it long enough.

It;s possible that they just spices that don't agree with you.

abstractmommy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Yes I've mentioned it, they said they have never heard of it happening before(like they'd tell me otherwise, lol).

Quoting frndlyfn:

it could be cross contamination or if they use any special sauces?  Have you told the restaurant you get sick there?  I would not go there if it made me sick personally.

sandraberke
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:47 PM

i worked at a habatchi palce once- i was a waitress/server ...anyways the one i worked at after ever "show" they would always wash there spatuals and had a bucket near the grill with sanitzer in it-

if it would make u feel better id call up there and talk to the manager and find out-

ur tummy might just not be able to handle the food tho'

like i get sick everytime i eat mexican food. like real authentic mexican food. give me the squirts but i still eat it cause i lvoe it. i just know my tummy cant handle it.

thisloveofmine
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:48 PM

Well specials are usually for things that are going to go bad soon.

SassyPainter
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:50 PM

Is is just you, or does the rest of your family get sick?  If it is just you, then it isn't food poisoning.  You must be sensitive to something in the food.  Some Asian restaurants use a lot of MSG and a lot of people get diarrhea from that.  I would ask them if they use it in their food.

hedtrippe
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:50 PM

We get "cleaned out'' when we go to chipotle and we bitch and moan every time but its soooo good.it might just be the rich food

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)