• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Take him out or leave him w/ this sitter?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:34 PM
  • 31 Replies

If your child went to a babysitter that was a good friend of the family and she was awsome with your kid but her 30 something y/o son had severe depression and tried to kill himself one night (no kids around) would you take your kid out of her care? He has never showed any violence of any kind... but obviously, he has mental issues.
I really want to take him out b/c my son comes home with some odd sayings sometimes and I'm worried that they guy might snap (there is always a first time, me and mom talked about this).... there are other kids around and he has always been good to them.... but I still worry. Right now, we have no other choice b/c I have school and my parents work, b/f has to sleep during the day.... she is the cheapest we can find and can't afford any one else right now. Me and my mother are on the same page about it and don't want to hurt her feelings, but we are also keeping an eye on my son to see if he is exhibiting any other unsusual behavior (most of what he says he could get from TV or if an adult don't watch what they say sometimes in wich we all can do on occasion).
What are your thoughts?
I'm a little stumped here.

I Love My Boyfriend myspace graphic

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Riahsmom1
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:37 PM

If this man is around while your son is there, I would take him out.  He's obviously unstable!  Good luck!

Chaotic_Rayne
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:39 PM

Thats what I was thinking... I'm uncomfortable about it... I know he isn't violent... But after trying to kill himself, he NEEDS help... he is a nice guy. But you never know if someone with mental unstableness can snap. I have depression but its SOO much better than it was.
If we had somewhere better or work out our schedules so that one of us can have him during the day, we would totally go for it.

Quoting Riahsmom1:

If this man is around while your son is there, I would take him out.  He's obviously unstable!  Good luck!

kiss-son.pnglittlebrother.png

ryleesmommy2009
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:39 PM

Quoting Riahsmom1:

agreed look for a sitter on sittercity.com or care.com you can get cheap rates

catholicmamamia
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:41 PM

If the thirty year old mentally ill man is around/at the sitters. my child would most definitely be taken out.  

Owner/Moderator of these groups, please feel free to join!

AP MOMS     CRUNCHY    LLLCAFEMOM    BF MOMS    NATURAL PG 

Chaotic_Rayne
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:41 PM

Quoting ryleesmommy2009:

Quoting Riahsmom1:

agreed look for a sitter on sittercity.com or care.com you can get cheap rates

Never heard of that site! Thanks, I'll bring it up to mom too.

Chaotic_Rayne
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:44 PM

Honestly, I didn't know if I was over reacting or not... I guess I'm thinking clearly.

Quoting catholicmamamia:

If the thirty year old mentally ill man is around/at the sitters. my child would most definitely be taken out.  

Chaotic_Rayne
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:45 PM

bump

Chaotic_Rayne
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:47 PM

bump

wubbunny420
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:50 PM

not all people who are depressed and / or try to commit suicide are dangerous. sounds to me like hes a danger to himself mainly. I tried to kill myself about 15 yrs ago but hurting someone else never occured to me.

morethanme_you
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:52 PM

i'm sorry, but if my only option was to drop out of school for the time being, that would be what we'd do. my child would NOT be in an environment like that!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)