• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did Anyone Else Receive Another Census Form?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:37 PM
  • 20 Replies

I got another form today. I filled the other one out and mailed it back already.

I wonder if I'm suppose to do it again or what.

Are you a plus size mama that wants to lose weight?
Then join us at Plus Size Mama's Losing Weight!

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MikeysMom51108
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:39 PM

I still haven't received the first one....

kylismomma

I did! I was wondering the same thing, I already filled one out and mailed it back last week but I got a new one in the mail today for some reason.

mom2mandjax

I would call the local number for the census and ask them what happened.

The extent of American ignorance continues to amaze me

misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:39 PM

no thats just if you lost the first one I think. I called to ask for another one and the lady told me another one would come and just fill that one out.

Jewelrymom236
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:40 PM

yes I did.  I already filled one out and mailed it back last week.

I was wondering the same thing

kara_thrace

I heard it was a scam on the local news.  They said people were sending out second forms to get information from you.

ryleesmommy2009

same here

Quoting MikeysMom51108:

I still haven't received the first one....

cinemagirl
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:41 PM

You mean they are sending out 2!!!!! To people who have even allready filled it out??? Wow now thats a waste of money!!!!!!

Quoting misssy2000:

no thats just if you lost the first one I think. I called to ask for another one and the lady told me another one would come and just fill that one out.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:42 PM

Maybe more I guess Yea  I agree but if they didnt we would not have got one to fill out.

Quoting cinemagirl:

You mean they are sending out 2!!!!! To people who have even allready filled it out??? Wow now thats a waste of money!!!!!!

Quoting misssy2000:

cinemagirl
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:43 PM

From the Washington Post Website.

Alexandria, Va.: Hi Stacy, I have received two census forms. I got one two weeks ago, filled it out and sent it back and then received a second one yesterday. I didn't check the address on the first one but the one on the form yesterday had my correct address. Should I fill out both forms and mail them in or just trash this 2nd set?

Stacy Gimbel: Hi Alexandria, you just need to mail back one form, so it sounds like you're good to go. It sounds like you may have received what we call a "replacement questionnaire." Those have started going out this week. We've learned from research that people (thankfully you weren't one of them!) often put their census forms aside thinking they'll get to them later. Unfortunately, sometimes that form gets lost under a pile of other mail and forgotten about. So - we've learned we get a boost in response if we send another form. Thanks for filling yours out! Feel free to toss the other one in a way you're comfortable with.

Seems like a big waste of money, especially since if you dont get one, you can just call them. Dang

Lilypie Maternity tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)