Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Granparents I have a question for you

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:51 PM
  • 10 Replies

Poll

Question: Have you disowned grandchildren because you donlt like your son/daughter in law?

Options:

yes

no

other and let me explain...

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 7

View Results

Me in a nutshell: *Married* *love reading* *hate going to theaters* *wine drinker* *SAHM*  *sometimes call my kids by the wrong name* *mom of 3 brats*

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MsDean
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:55 PM

bump

ZoeCY
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:57 PM

I don't have any grandkids, I only have a two year old, but I could never disown a child especially not because of their parents.

ILive4This
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:57 PM

I have a grandaughter, but I love my sil...he takes good care of my dd and gd...but, I don't think I would disown them if I were in that situation...that would only punish me.

Shy_Dia
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:58 PM

i'm not a grandparent... but DS's grandparents- on his dad's side-- has had nothing to do with DS b/c of their son (DS's dad)-- Tony (DS's dad) would throw a fit and go crazy when he found out that i would take DS to see his grandma at her JOB.

MsDean
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:11 PM

May I ask why they dislike him? I am only curious because fIl hates me and I for the life of me do not know why but he has nothing to do wiht our kids. I am in a reflecting mood right now. If you don;t want to share I understand though.

Quoting Shy_Dia:

i'm not a grandparent... but DS's grandparents- on his dad's side-- has had nothing to do with DS b/c of their son (DS's dad)-- Tony (DS's dad) would throw a fit and go crazy when he found out that i would take DS to see his grandma at her JOB.

Me in a nutshell: *Married* *love reading* *hate going to theaters* *wine drinker* *SAHM*  *sometimes call my kids by the wrong name* *mom of 3 brats*

stefvan
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:13 PM

No.  We tolerate SIL.  He's actually nice but my dsd should have made better choices.  She's 22 with 4 stepkids that he had with 2 different women and now they have a baby together.

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:20 PM

I can give you the perspective of an Aunt who has never seen nor probably will see a neice.

My BIL has two girls with two different women, his oldest we're very close, she'll be 11 this year.

His other is going to be 3 this year (I think) ... no wait, she JUST turned 2 in February.  Her mother is a certified PSYCHOPATH! So is the rest of her family, it is in the best interest of everyone involved if we have nothing to do with any of them. It's unfortunate, but one day she will probably understand, or at least I hope so - but I'm afraid she's going to end up being a psycho too.

(To make a long story short, the cunt had her step dad cut the bolts on my BILs truck because "he'd be worth more to her dead" -- if you don't understand what "cut the bolts" means... there are large bolts that hold the bed of a truck onto the cab, if those seperate, it will flip.)

Shy_Dia
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:25 PM

i dont think that they really dislike DS... Tony's mom is about 5'2, and 110lbs- VERY SICK!.. Tony is 5'11, 250lbs- most of it was muscle. he was in varsity football all 4 years of HS, a 2x boxing champ, etc.. imagine them trying to literally FIGHT, a low down, dirty dog FIGHT! the mom would get her ass kicked all the time b/c of him... he'd find out that i was taking DS to her job for a few seconds so she could see him and he'd flip out on her. that was over 2 years ago and now that she lives in Washington, and we live in Ohio-- plus Tony is now in Jail, she thinks she has the right to come into DS's life. i wont really allow it cuz i know as soon as tony is outta jail- she'll be MIA again to please him.

as for the dad (DS's grandfather)-- its the same way, but Tony is actually afraid of him! but one time i called and asked if it was still alright (cuz i had permission the day before!) to bring DS so he could see him (it'd be the first time seeing him! DS was about 18 months old).. and i heard Tony in the background saying "i dont want that bitch and her fuckin kid here".. i THOUGHT that he'd tell Tony to STFU, but instead, he told ME that it'd be better if we just rescheduled. i told him that i understood (mainly cuz EVERYONE bows down to tony) and to call me-- that also was over 2 years ago.

PS-- this is Tony's parents.. not mine. my parents didnt like tony, but they'd probably still be involved in DS's life if i was still with him, but they wouldnt allow him into our homes b/c he's known for breaking and entering, theft, etc.

Quoting MsDean:

May I ask why they dislike him? I am only curious because fIl hates me and I for the life of me do not know why but he has nothing to do wiht our kids. I am in a reflecting mood right now. If you don;t want to share I understand though.

Quoting Shy_Dia:

21 year old single mom of a 4 year old boy. Not sure exactly what kind of mom I am, but I get a chance to better myself everyday. My biggest goal for 2010 is to break out of my shell.

~~~ I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
MsDean
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:42 PM

Wow that chick sounds crazy! OMG!

Quoting wickedfiress:

I can give you the perspective of an Aunt who has never seen nor probably will see a neice.

My BIL has two girls with two different women, his oldest we're very close, she'll be 11 this year.

His other is going to be 3 this year (I think) ... no wait, she JUST turned 2 in February.  Her mother is a certified PSYCHOPATH! So is the rest of her family, it is in the best interest of everyone involved if we have nothing to do with any of them. It's unfortunate, but one day she will probably understand, or at least I hope so - but I'm afraid she's going to end up being a psycho too.

(To make a long story short, the cunt had her step dad cut the bolts on my BILs truck because "he'd be worth more to her dead" -- if you don't understand what "cut the bolts" means... there are large bolts that hold the bed of a truck onto the cab, if those seperate, it will flip.)

MsDean
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:43 PM

Now I knwo why your siggy says single...what a douchebag! Glad you got rid of that guy :)

Quoting Shy_Dia:

i dont think that they really dislike DS... Tony's mom is about 5'2, and 110lbs- VERY SICK!.. Tony is 5'11, 250lbs- most of it was muscle. he was in varsity football all 4 years of HS, a 2x boxing champ, etc.. imagine them trying to literally FIGHT, a low down, dirty dog FIGHT! the mom would get her ass kicked all the time b/c of him... he'd find out that i was taking DS to her job for a few seconds so she could see him and he'd flip out on her. that was over 2 years ago and now that she lives in Washington, and we live in Ohio-- plus Tony is now in Jail, she thinks she has the right to come into DS's life. i wont really allow it cuz i know as soon as tony is outta jail- she'll be MIA again to please him.

as for the dad (DS's grandfather)-- its the same way, but Tony is actually afraid of him! but one time i called and asked if it was still alright (cuz i had permission the day before!) to bring DS so he could see him (it'd be the first time seeing him! DS was about 18 months old).. and i heard Tony in the background saying "i dont want that bitch and her fuckin kid here".. i THOUGHT that he'd tell Tony to STFU, but instead, he told ME that it'd be better if we just rescheduled. i told him that i understood (mainly cuz EVERYONE bows down to tony) and to call me-- that also was over 2 years ago.

PS-- this is Tony's parents.. not mine. my parents didnt like tony, but they'd probably still be involved in DS's life if i was still with him, but they wouldnt allow him into our homes b/c he's known for breaking and entering, theft, etc.

Quoting MsDean:

Quoting Shy_Dia:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)