Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DEATH 'To Christians'

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:51 PM
  • 51 Replies

What does it mean? What's the definition of 'death' to someone who believes Jesus isn't dead?

He DIED on the cross, rose again, and ascended to heaven right?

Dead people go to heaven, and Jesus was a man, a man with serious connections but a man.

So is he dead or isn't he?

And what's the logic behind your answer?

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
devasmom
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:55 PM

I am Catholic, I am only answering for myself. Not all Christians, or even all Catholics believe the same way, we are all individuals. Anyway, this is what I believe; Death is the end of life, here on earth. I believe that our bodies are shells (for lack of a better word) for our souls. When my time here on earth is done, my body will die, but my soul will live for eternity, hopefully in Heaven. Not all souls make it to Heaven, that is why as a Catholic/Christian, I try my best to do only what I feel is pleasing to God.

AngelicaRenee
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:55 PM

He rose from the dead. Jesus/God is living. He died for our sins but he rose again.

I don't believe that Jesus was JUST a man. I believe in the trinity of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. And Jesus was God the Son come to earth to be the Son of God.

I know this probably makes no sense at all but I'm horrible at trying to explain things. lol

devasmom
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:57 PM

Oh and to answer your question about Jesus, his body died but his soul rose to Heaven, so he is still alive, just not in an earthly manner. Again, my own personal beliefs. I will not know for sure if my beliefs are correct until my time here is done.

AngelicaRenee
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:58 PM

I'm not catholic but this is pretty similar to my beliefs.

Quoting devasmom:

I am Catholic, I am only answering for myself. Not all Christians, or even all Catholics believe the same way, we are all individuals. Anyway, this is what I believe; Death is the end of life, here on earth. I believe that our bodies are shells (for lack of a better word) for our souls. When my time here on earth is done, my body will die, but my soul will live for eternity, hopefully in Heaven. Not all souls make it to Heaven, that is why as a Catholic/Christian, I try my best to do only what I feel is pleasing to God.

reecenkaden
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:58 PM

Nope, don't get it. He died, then he undied? so did you sin and unsin? If he's not dead how can you be saved?

Quoting AngelicaRenee:

He rose from the dead. Jesus/God is living. He died for our sins but he rose again.

I don't believe that Jesus was JUST a man. I believe in the trinity of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. And Jesus was God the Son come to earth to be the Son of God.

I know this probably makes no sense at all but I'm horrible at trying to explain things. lol

reecenkaden
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:00 PM

So you're saying even if the body dies, you're not considered dead because your soul lives on in heaven?

Because that's similar to my belief which is dissimilar to most of what you believe.

Quoting devasmom:

Oh and to answer your question about Jesus, his body died but his soul rose to Heaven, so he is still alive, just not in an earthly manner. Again, my own personal beliefs. I will not know for sure if my beliefs are correct until my time here is done.

FooLynRoo
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:00 PM

My views:

Death is the end of our life here on earth, but our souls will continue on and live forever.

Jesus died on the Cross and through the miracle of God, he rose again, to show himself to his disciples, and when he was through - he took his rightful place in heaven.

For me its not a difficult concept to believe

FromScratchMom
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:01 PM

the way I see it, our souls (those of believers) move on to heaven when we die.

So tech. speaking yes dead ppl go to heaven but Jesus was more than a man, he IS the son of God and a part of God.

as PP mentioned I also believe in the Holy Trinity. The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. When Jesus rose from the grave on the third day and then later ascended into heaven he did so as a living breathing person. Not as  dead being or a ghost. He was just alive as you and I are right now.

momma2mms
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:03 PM

Quoting reecenkaden:

Nope, don't get it. He died, then he undied? so did you sin and unsin? If he's not dead how can you be saved?

Quoting AngelicaRenee:

his physical shell died, his soul lives on. he went to heaven to reign with his father. body=dead    soul=alive

momma2mms
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:04 PM

this

Quoting AngelicaRenee:

I'm not catholic but this is pretty similar to my beliefs.

Quoting devasmom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)