• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a question for the colorado mommas!

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:57 PM
  • 8 Replies

HEllo, I was just wondering which zoo is better....the Denver or the Cheyenne mountain zoo. We are staying in Denver and were going to drive out to the cheyenne mountain zoo in colorado springs, but it seems so far. Is the Denver one any good? thanks

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
manamott
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:58 PM

As far as I know, the Denver Zoo is the best in the state. Never been to the Cheyenne Mountain one though. I live in the northwestern corner of CO about 4 hours from Denver.

hedtrippe
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:01 PM

They are both wonderful zoos denver is cheaper then the springs but its worth the price to go to cheyenne mt zoo if you have time go to both they are totaly different (cheyenne mt is the best though) the aquarium in denver is great as well all the childrens museum and they are right next to eachother

luvtohunt
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:05 PM

Alright, thanks ladies! Yeah the aquarium is awesome! We just back from there!

Sweet_Britt
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:08 PM

CHEYENNE  MOUNTAIN is EASILY the best. Denver zoo has a bunch of animals I can EASILY see in my backyard...like...a DEER...wtf? LOL!

I love the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, we have yearly passes and go several times in the summer :D And the giraffe pavilion is the BEST most amazing one!

Pregnancy%20ticker

WickedWonder
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:19 PM

never been to the denver zoo. but i live about a mile south of the cheyenne zoo. I love going to that zoo every year.

Mysty_1961
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:20 PM

It depends on your time and your tastes.  They are both good zoos.  The one on Cheyenne Mountain is somewhat unique because it is on the side of a mountain, so a lot of your walking is uphill and then back down.  There are also many sights to see around the zoo and Colorado Springs, like the Garden of the Gods.  Colorado Springs is only about an hour from Denver so it is not a long drive, and you might also want to stop in and see the U S Air Force Academy and it's very unique chapel.  The Denver zoo is nice and easy to get around, they also have some educational shows.  The zoo is also close to the Museum of Nature and Science which is a very worthwhile stop - I think the Human Body Show is there now.  It is the 2nd time it has been here and is amazing. 

luvtohunt
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 9:15 PM

THank you so much everyone! We ended up making the drive to the Cheyenne Mt zoo! It was completely awesome!  I loved it! Way way better than our zoo in Utah! lol! We went and saw garden of the gods too! I don't want to go home now, but we have to leave tomorrow! Thanks everyone!

Sweet_Britt
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 9:35 PM

AWWWW! YAY! Im glad you had fun!!

Garden of the Gods is AWESOME too! My husband love walking around there : )

Quoting luvtohunt:

THank you so much everyone! We ended up making the drive to the Cheyenne Mt zoo! It was completely awesome!  I loved it! Way way better than our zoo in Utah! lol! We went and saw garden of the gods too! I don't want to go home now, but we have to leave tomorrow! Thanks everyone!

Pregnancy%20ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)