• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I thought I lost my baby

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:46 PM
  • 23 Replies

I just walked into my DDs room to check on her and she was laying face down in her crib. She wasn't moving and i didn't think i saw her breathing. So i called out her name and i shook her, not like violently, but hard enough that it should have woken her up. She still didn't move. So i panicked and i flipped her oer and she looked startled and she started to cry. Its the sweetest sound i have ever heard. God it scared me so bad. I thought I lost my baby girl.

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BlessedToBMommy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:53 PM

lol one night I woke up to find my baby girls legs sticking out from under the pillow my husband was sleeping on, limp..... I couldnt believe I had fallen asleep with her because I knew th dangers of cosleeping, and frantically began to pull her out screaming and crying "shes dead shes dead, you sqishing the bay!!!" over and over, to which my husband said "what the hell are you doing with my pillow! and the baby is in her bassinette!" I looked down and the "limp little baby" I was holding was so limp because it was my husbands pillow, and MY baby was a healthy pink little baby peacfully sleeping in her bassinette!! Talk about one paranoid mama!!!!

stefvan
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:54 PM

My son scared us like that once, too.  I think I lost about 10 years off my life that night.

--Nicole--
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:55 PM

Same thing happened to me when Cadence was a baby. Holy shit, I was shaking and it took me forever to calm down. Freaky feeling to say the LEAST!!

This is what your admission looks like behind closed doors!

A lifetime of abuse and lockdown Click for more info!

savannahs1mom
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:56 PM

OMG!!! My babies do that too!!! They look like they aren't breathing and you can't hear any breathing...its horrible! Gets your blood pumping!

XallieXkissesX
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:57 PM

Yeah, im still crying and it was almost a half hour ago

Quoting --Nicole--:

Same thing happened to me when Cadence was a baby. Holy shit, I was shaking and it took me forever to calm down. Freaky feeling to say the LEAST!!

MoonNStars
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:58 PM

Don't you hate that !  My nephew did that all the time.  Glad she is ok.  You can scold her for that in twenty years.

sara_3388
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:58 PM

That has happened to me more then once. It's amazing how happy the sound of crying makes you when you realize your worst fears didn't  come true :)

savannahs1mom
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:59 PM

LOL! Sorry thats funny to me because Im just as frantic and paranoid!

Quoting BlessedToBMommy:

lol one night I woke up to find my baby girls legs sticking out from under the pillow my husband was sleeping on, limp..... I couldnt believe I had fallen asleep with her because I knew th dangers of cosleeping, and frantically began to pull her out screaming and crying "shes dead shes dead, you sqishing the bay!!!" over and over, to which my husband said "what the hell are you doing with my pillow! and the baby is in her bassinette!" I looked down and the "limp little baby" I was holding was so limp because it was my husbands pillow, and MY baby was a healthy pink little baby peacfully sleeping in her bassinette!! Talk about one paranoid mama!!!!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Joeysmom6
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:59 PM
Oh man, that happened to me the other night. I was a wreck for hours. All I did was hold him and cry.... he fell right back to sleep but I was a mess.
XallieXkissesX
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:00 PM

Yeah i laughed pretty hard at that because its something i would do also

Quoting savannahs1mom:

LOL! Sorry thats funny to me because Im just as frantic and paranoid!

Quoting BlessedToBMommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)