• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

because she is MY daughter, that is why.

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:56 PM
  • 23 Replies

In my house, the kitchen is closed after dinner.....maybe a fruit if dd is hungry some time after dinner....i am so irritated with my sister who seems to think im a bitch because i dont let dd eat more dinner, 3 hours after it was served. She decided to heat up leftovers for her dd, her dd didnt want it, so she offered it to my dd. I told her no, she doesnt need to eat again. and all hell broke loose....im so tired of having to explain why i do what i do, im her mom and what i say goes. I am totally pmsing so yes this has annoyed and pissed me off...also, my dd is only 3...my sister treats my dd like she is 5-6yrs old.....she seems to think my dd is supposed to know better all the time.....i just want to tell my sister to shut the fuck up, and leave my dd alone....im over her....i hate sisters

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
reecenkaden
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:58 PM

unless you serve dinner at like 2pm 3 hours later is a little late for the food to work in a healthy manner. eating late and not having a chance to burn off or digest some of it before sleeping causes weight issues right?

GO MAMA, GO MAMA, FUCK YOUR SISTER, SHE'S STUPID!

Ok I'm done now.

MommaToSam
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:58 PM

Your DD, your rules!!!

It's not like you were defending some crazy outlandish rule you have. I agree that no kid needs a second dinner. I could understand an evening snack tho. Seems like you are doing a good job at making sure your DD doesn't become another statistic in the child obesity epidemic. Kudos to you!!!

CountryGirl0809
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:59 PM

I believe if the kid is hungary they will eat.      My daughter is a grazer.  So it sorta seems like she eats al day   but doesn't. 

Susan262
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:59 PM

I'm not sure I get your logic, I understand she is your daughter and you get the say, but what is wrong with a snack later on?

mybabyapples
by Purple People Eater on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:01 PM

I have the same rules, except my MIL is the one who walks all over them.Good for sticking to your guns.

CarterMommy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:02 PM

sounds like my 2 year old.. sometimes he won't eat much during dinner but i'll leave his plate there and a little while later he will go back and finish it off

Quoting CountryGirl0809:

I believe if the kid is hungary they will eat.      My daughter is a grazer.  So it sorta seems like she eats al day   but doesn't. 

wubbunny420
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:02 PM

well your dd is gorgeous so you must be doing something right!

stacy_c05
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:03 PM

Quoting Susan262:

I'm not sure I get your logic, I understand she is your daughter and you get the say, but what is wrong with a snack later on?

She didn't say anything about a snack...If you would have read she even stated that she doesn't have a problem giving her daughter a snack after dinner...She said her sister will let her eat another dinner. Your Daughter Your Rules!

Is she living with you or vice versa. I would have snapped on my sister too.

-Kney-
by Courtney on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:04 PM

I would be pissed off too. I hate when people go over me when I tell my son no. My family knows better because I have gave them a new one but my husband's family is the only I can not yell at. It ticks me off so bad.

So you go mama

Bekah062205
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:04 PM

nothing wrong with a snack...a apple, an orange, yogurt....that stuff is fine...but not a full plate of leftovers, or greasy pizza sticks...stuff like that...the issues is my sister was offering that greasy pizza sticks to my daughter, i told my sister no(dd wasnt even asking to eat anything), and thats when my sister started getting on me.....

Quoting Susan262:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)