Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

swing set

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:21 PM
  • 32 Replies

Poll

Question: do your kids have a swing set

Options:

yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 43

View Results

do your kids have a swing set in your back yard? me and my mom is getting the kids a swing set probably next week whats good to put on the ground so they dont hurt themselfs?? this is the one there getting

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LiesLiesLies
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:23 PM

I just got this for my DD...

MsDean
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:23 PM

We have one but we have dirt around it. It has been up for a few years and none of the kids have gotten hurt. I had no idea the work swingsets are though. We have to tighten the bolts every other week and also we nachored it doen in the ground wiht concrete blocks and covered evryhtign up with dirt.

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:24 PM

we jsut took it down bc it was getting rickety. they got a trampoline to replace it. don't waste your money on the wooden ones - they deteriorate jsut as fast as the steel ones and cost 4 times as much lol. we dind't put anything down - just the grass.

LiesLiesLies
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:24 PM

Oh and I am getting the rubber mulch...its pretty expensive...about $1,000.

MsDean
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:24 PM

That looks so fun! We have just a regular swingset with slide. I hope when we buy our first home to get something like what you have.

Quoting LiesLiesLies:

I just got this for my DD...

Me in a nutshell: *Married* *love reading* *hate going to theaters* *wine drinker* *SAHM*  *sometimes call my kids by the wrong name* *mom of 3 brats*

kcook55
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:26 PM

Quoting teri4lance:

we jsut took it down bc it was getting rickety. they got a trampoline to replace it. don't waste your money on the wooden ones - they deteriorate jsut as fast as the steel ones and cost 4 times as much lol. we dind't put anything down - just the grass.

i think my dd is too little for a trampoline shes 2. she saw her baby swing from last yr and told my mom to fix it

charlene_kyle
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:27 PM

Yes my kids have one. They have a big wooden one. They LOVE it. It has a "tree house" that my son adores! 

kcook55
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:27 PM

Quoting MsDean:

We have one but we have dirt around it. It has been up for a few years and none of the kids have gotten hurt. I had no idea the work swingsets are though. We have to tighten the bolts every other week and also we nachored it doen in the ground wiht concrete blocks and covered evryhtign up with dirt.

how do you achored it to the ground me and my mom have to do it i just want to make sure its safe

-Kney-
by Courtney on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:28 PM

Sadly we don't. I want to get one but I want to put a fence up first because I KNOW the neighborhood kids will play on it. I've caught them on our trampoline a lot. I hate that but we do plan on getting one plus I want to get a sandbox too.

kcook55
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:31 PM

Quoting -Kney-:

Sadly we don't. I want to get one but I want to put a fence up first because I KNOW the neighborhood kids will play on it. I've caught them on our trampoline a lot. I hate that but we do plan on getting one plus I want to get a sandbox too.

we moved here in nov and there was already a fence up got lucky and the only kid i have seen around lives behind us and theres not a single toy in the yard never see her outside playing there always yelling at her shes about 4

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)