• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child's Allergies

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:30 PM
  • 7 Replies

My Daughter is 18mths old.. I took her to the Allergy Doc. b/c i thought she might be alergic to eggs...well turns out this child is Alergic to EVERYTHING ...

BEEF, EGGS, BARLEY, CHICKEN, OATS, ORANGE, POTATO, SCALLOP, PEACHES, ONION, SALINE, BEAN STRING, SALMON, CRAB MIX, RICE....THATS THE FOOD...

THE OUTDOOR STUFF IS..BIRCH MIX, MAPLE, ELM, KENTUCKY BLUEGRASS, LAMB'S QUARTER, PIGWEED, RAGWEED, ALTERNARIA ( MOLD ), CATS AND BED BUGS AND COCKROACH'S....WHO KNW U COULD BE ALERGIC TO THEM !!!!

MY QUESTION IS.............IS ANYONE ELSE'S CHILD Alergic to everything and if so what do u feed ur child...my child is still breastfeeding..but i cant do that for ever !!! please help..shes been eatn sweet potato's an drinkn smoothies lol ....help !!

twin girls

I'M A SAHM OF 2 WONDERFUL GIRLS, TENNESSEE WHO IS 7 YEARS OLD, RYANN WHO IS 15 MTHS OLD AND I STILL BF HER. IM ALSO A SEXY WIFE TO A WELDER,IM THE OWNDER OF FRED THE BASSETT HOUND, IM A COUNTRY GIRL STUCK IN TULSA,OK, I DRIVE A CHEVY DIESEL ONLY, AND I SELL MARY KAY .. www.marykay.com/toismith

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LoriAnn87
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:35 PM

The only thing my son is allerigc to is penicillin but I hope someone can help you out. Good luck.

stefvan
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:39 PM

Steak?  LOL  My dd is allergic to trees, grasses, molds, dust, cats, dogs, cockroaches and wheat.  She gets shots.  Was all the food a strong allergy?  My allergist said because wheat was minimal that my dd can eat it and should build up a tolerance to it.

toilynn
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:47 PM

yeah pretty much all the test were strong..EGGS are EPI PIN strong...i think thats how u spell it.... but yeah pretty much everything is strong..i have no idea what to feed this child...the doc did say she was allergic to potato's BUT she can eat French Fries b/c the deep frying them takes out most of the starch ...how weird is that !?!? the doc told me i couldnt give my daughter the H1N1 or any flu shot..or any shot that is made in a EGG form ...i gave my daughter the Varcela & MMR shot and we were admitted to the ER for 6 hrs...:(

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 2, 2010 at 12:41 AM

Wow can you eat these foods while bf'ing dd?   It is good to know that you can cook the potatoes to break down the starches that cause the allergy.  I guess she will be a cheap date as she gets older since she cant have steak or any shellfish.  I hope there is a dietician that could help you with a good menu sample for dd.

toilynn
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 2:02 AM

yeah i can eat what ever i want an it dont seem to bother her...but let some mustard get on her skin and OMG we have whelp's and a rash and blister...the same w/ eggs but alot worst...eggs are ER foods...the doc gave us an EPI PIN ?!? for all her allergies ...i hear ya on the cheep date lol...poor kid...i hope she grows out of this b/c CRAB LEGS ARE THE BOMB !! lol

twin girls

I'M A SAHM OF 2 WONDERFUL GIRLS, TENNESSEE WHO IS 7 YEARS OLD, RYANN WHO IS 15 MTHS OLD AND I STILL BF HER. IM ALSO A SEXY WIFE TO A WELDER,IM THE OWNDER OF FRED THE BASSETT HOUND, IM A COUNTRY GIRL STUCK IN TULSA,OK, I DRIVE A CHEVY DIESEL ONLY, AND I SELL MARY KAY .. www.marykay.com/toismith

OneToughMami
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 2:04 AM

pollen...dust mites...um and she's been blessed with the genetic fail my family has and is lactose intolerant buy she LOVES dairy just like the rest of us...so we share lactase pills...oh yeah and she has sensitive skin...comes with the eczema she inherited...oh and asthma...yup we were glasses too...stereotypical nerd family right here.

2love
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 2:08 AM

Awww!!Poor baby....My son was just like that,he was allergic to most of the things your baby is allergic to,thankfully he's grown out of all except 4...fish,bee's,pollen and grass,we keep Benadryl and a Epi-pen on hand and he does fine.Its only when my dad decides that the fish allergy isnt that bad that he breaks out like he has chicken pox and has a major tummy ache.and he has to take zyrtec every day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)