Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

eat it all!!!

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:44 PM
  • 42 Replies

Poll

Question: do your kids have to eat all of the food on their plate?

Options:

yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 81

View Results

do you make your kids eat all of the food on their plates?

just curious. i do not. many friends have told me they over eat, because they had to "clean their plates". my parents did not make us, they just made sure we ate enough. i don't think i'm an over eater. (only on holidays)

please vote and bump

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CODYSMOM_00
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:44 PM

noooooo

okiemomma1979
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:45 PM

nope

shylosmommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:46 PM

No! Saran wrap is a wonderful thing!

Natesmom62906
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:46 PM

No. When he is older he will not get anything else if he doesn't eat what I cook.  Tonight he didn't eat what I cooked, then a few hours later he asked for chips, instead I gave him strawberries.

misscortez420
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:47 PM

my mom used to force me to eat it all, i used to hate it... sometime through middle school i got to the point i would just make myself throw up all the time after eating... as far as for dd i dont make her eat it all actually i dont even force her to eat, i'll cook if she wants some it's all good if not then o well but no forcing here

SamiJ18
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:47 PM

Nope but she has to eat SOMETHING otherwise she doesn't get anything else.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:48 PM

No and my parents didn't do that either.

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:48 PM

i didn't vote bc I guess I'm other. they always have to eat all their veggies.

i try to give them very appropriate serving sizes, so I do expect them to eat everything they got - but they won't ever over-eat from that.

I can't believe the amount of food I see some of my firends give their kids - all of whom are heavy (the kids)

so - I don't think requiring them to eat all their food is always going to lead to over-eating. I think not being aware of proper serving sizes, over feeding your kids, and THEN forcing them to eat it all will end badly - but mostly bc it started badly and was bound to fail.

momma2mms
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:48 PM

Quoting SamiJ18:

Nope but she has to eat SOMETHING otherwise she doesn't get anything else.

me too!

Tf1990
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:48 PM

No I make them try everything on it but if they don't like something I don't push it. I don't think I should arbitrarily decide how hungry my children are either. If they are hungry they eat most of the food if not they eat a little and are good until the next meal.

I am a Christianpraying, Conservativepatriotic, Unschooling,scrapbooking Cooking, shopping  (occasionally) cleaning sweeping SAHM .moms rock. And I wouldn't trade it for anything.simple smile

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)