• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

REALLY NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:48 PM
  • 9 Replies

Ok ladies Im 36.5 weeks pregnant and will be having my 2nd child on April 19th. My daughter is 2years old and sleeps with me. She has her own bed but wont sleep in it. I will be having a csection so I know it will be very hard having her in the same bed as I am(she moves around some at night, not much but just enough to kick me). So how do I get her to sleep in her bed and do you think I could get her sleeping in it by the 19th? I will settle for putting her in there after she falls asleep as long as she staysd asleep in "her" bed!

I need help

also any potty training advice would be great to. She likes to tell me she peed when she did and sometimes she didnt.(she uses the "i gotta go pee" excuse when she is doing something wrong and I have caught her.) She will sit on the potty just long enough to play and then gets up and as soon as i put her diaper on she will pee.

I NEED HELP!!!!!!!

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
TygerLily62
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:52 PM

I wish I had better advice for you. All I can say is bite the bullet and do it. She's gonna cry, but she needs to know that she has to sleep in her bed. As far as the potty training goes- I would let her go at her own speed. My older dd was fully trained before my youngest was born, and she regressed a bit and we had to retrain her when the baby was 3 mos old. So I would just wait, and not hit her with too much all at once.

AlyssaMommy2008
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:57 PM

thanks. my dh is gonna help me at night but he will only be home 10days after i have the baby. he is in the army soi kinda wanna make his stay enjoyable lol more than stress ful... over xmas when he was home he laid down with her in her room till she fell asleep

Quoting TygerLily62:

I wish I had better advice for you. All I can say is bite the bullet and do it. She's gonna cry, but she needs to know that she has to sleep in her bed. As far as the potty training goes- I would let her go at her own speed. My older dd was fully trained before my youngest was born, and she regressed a bit and we had to retrain her when the baby was 3 mos old. So I would just wait, and not hit her with too much all at once.

Shy_Dia
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:57 PM

you gotta stay on her for the bed thing. as soon as she gets out- put her back in. no matter what time it is. its hard, i know.. its hard for me and i'm not pregnant! i say for the first week, she'll drive you CRAZY! (if she's anything like my DS, she'll even tell you that you dotn like her b/c you wont sleep with her!) but they will get over it and they will come to appreciate their own bed. start doing a star/sticker sheet as well-- for the nights that she sleeps in her bed, she gets a sticker. after that entire week, she gets a toy. keep going at it like that. she might not fully understand cuz she's so little, but she might get it.

for the potty thing, you just gotta go with her flow (no pun intended! lol). i mean, you COULD try to bribe her, but it might not work.. liek when mommy goes potty, that means she gets a treat and do it in front of your DD too. and when DD asks for it, tell her that she can only get it if she goes potty in the potty and not in her diaper... but right now, i think she's just getting used to the idea of going pee,  and isnt really ready yet.

AlyssaMommy2008
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:59 PM

ANYONE ELSE? I REALLY NEED ADVICEbump

3xangel
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2010 at 12:03 AM

what i did with my ds is just put him in his own bed. yes he runs out back & forth but i just put him back in his bed. he is getting better now a days. no advice on potty training yet.

AlyssaMommy2008
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 12:05 AM

SHE HAS BEEN SLEEPING WITH ME SINCE HER DADDY WENT INTO THE ARMY (OCT) I REALLY JUST NEED HER BACK IN HER BED NOW WITH ANOTHER BABY. I MEAN SHE NEEDS TO BE IN HER OWN BED PERIOD

Indianamomto4
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 12:05 AM

It might kinda hard to get her out of your room with the new baby coming, she might really resent this new little one who is coming home taking her mommy and making her sleep in her own bed. I tried not to make major changes with my older kids when I was having a new baby. Could you put her in a bed along side your bed where she would technically be out of your bed, but not feel totally separated from you? Then in a couple of months work on moving her to her own room.

AlyssaMommy2008
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 12:13 AM

MY ROOM IS SMALL BC WE LIVE (OR I DO WHILE HE IS AWAY) WITH HIS PARENTS SO IMIN THE GUEST BR AND IT HAS BIG FURNITURE AND THER IS JUST ENOUGH ROOM FOR THE BASSINET :(

Quoting Indianamomto4:

It might kinda hard to get her out of your room with the new baby coming, she might really resent this new little one who is coming home taking her mommy and making her sleep in her own bed. I tried not to make major changes with my older kids when I was having a new baby. Could you put her in a bed along side your bed where she would technically be out of your bed, but not feel totally separated from you? Then in a couple of months work on moving her to her own room.

Indianamomto4
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 12:23 AM

I use these cots in my home day care and love them. Could this be a short term option for you until you can work on getting her in her own bed? you can get them on walmart.com or ebay they are called regalo cots and they totally fold up into a nylon sleeve for storage.  I think they are about $32 Just a thought......

Kim mom of Zach, Emily, Jacob, and Sethknitting

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)