Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So I was just informed....

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:51 PM
  • 109 Replies

That professional pictures of your child are a necessity.  I remember my first grade teacher discussing the difference between wants and needs with us and I could have sworn needs were things you need for survival.  So in that list I would put food, clothing, shelter, electricity, running water, and head and A/C.  Those are the things you need to live right?  In the past month I have learned from CM that internet is a necessity along with cell phones, cable, junk food, and now professional pictures.

What is your idea of a necessity or what you actually need for survival?  I love my cable and my internet but I could certainly live without them.

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alientaxi
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:53 PM

food....water.....sunlight.....my kids....my hubby......cloths(since we have to)........thats about it i guess for now. i could definetly live without tv and internet...have done it and would actually love to again.

MsDean
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:55 PM

I see my internet as a need as I take online classes. Everything else aside from food, shelter, and clothing when needed, oh and cell phone is a want.

klynn80
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:55 PM

ben & jerry's, and all the normal sentimental stuff, but yeah, ben & jerry's for sure lol

honeyrder
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:56 PM

Can't live without that! lol

Quoting bluesky51201:

That professional pictures of your child are a necessity.  I remember my first grade teacher discussing the difference between wants and needs with us and I could have sworn needs were things you need for survival.  So in that list I would put food, clothing, shelter, electricity, running water, and head and A/C.  Those are the things you need to live right?  In the past month I have learned from CM that internet is a necessity along with cell phones, cable, junk food, and now professional pictures.

What is your idea of a necessity or what you actually need for survival?  I love my cable and my internet but I could certainly live without them.

Julielle
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:56 PM

Technically, you don't NEED electricity, running water (indoors) and A/C to survive. There are thousands of people around the world who do it everyday. Now me, personally, could not survive a day without wireless internet and a vente mocha frap...

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:56 PM

lol I'm with you but stayed out of that fight.

IleanRight
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:57 PM

I agree. I am sick of MY (yes I said MY) tax money paying for cell phones, house phones and soon internet. And don't try to tell me that MY money doesn't pay for the shit b/c it is on my cell bill every month!!

Ohiomomto2

I know the post you're talking about and it wasn't about NEEDING the pictures.  It was about sometimes treating yourself to something that you want!  Just because you're on assistance doesn't mean that you should do without SOME things that others have. Gah...you think that it's WRONG for someone to want professional pics of their children?  Well I think it's wrong of you to JUDGE...so there!

OneToughMami

You know...all that shit in biology class you learn we need to live that's what I need. I don't NEED pictures of my daughter. I WANT them.

AMarineLovesMe

rolling on floor

Quoting honeyrder:

Can't live without that! lol

Quoting bluesky51201:

babies

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)