Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Someone on my Facebook friends posted this on April Fools Day and I swore it was an acual JOKE!

http://enfamil.com/app/iwp/enfamil/productDetail.do?dm=enf&id=/Consumer_Home2/Enf_Products/ForToddlers/EnfagrowChocolate&cm_mmc=paid%20search-_-EnfagrowChocolate-_-Google-_-Expert2054

Come and check out the new Momotics!

MOMOTICS

by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 8:54 AM
Replies (121-130):
justgrape723
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 10:52 AM

my son didn't get Chocolate milk until he was in pre-k and he only had it once a week. I don't do pdeisure either. My sons diet is very good he eats lots of heathly food fresh veggies and fruits.

This is not a product I would buy. I am happy that both my kids love the taste of regular white milk and look at flavored milk as a treat like ice cream

StrayMom
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 10:53 AM

Not really.  Pedisure advertises the crap out of its products because it wants everyone to buy them...not just kids with feeding issues.  So, while I disagree that these products are mainly for kids with feeding issues people in general feed their kids so much crap I hardly think it matters. At the very least, this has vitamins in it as well.  Unlike juice, which after you get your vitamin C out of it, is just one cup of sugar after another.

Quoting JADIEBUG:

But that is exactly who this product is generally for are kids with feeding issues.

JADIEBUG
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 10:53 AM

Why else would you give formula after a year? For a picky kid or a child with feeding issues. You can buy many things off the shelf for kids with feeding issues like Pedisure and Essure.

Quoting mommymichael:

where does it say that? does it come with a prescription, or can you buy it off the shelf?

jeskaM
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 10:56 AM

What is so disgusting about it? Its meant to replace nutrients that most picky eaters dont get...something my dd needs. Its not meant to be a meal replacement.

Quoting 4munchkinmommy:

That's absolutely disgusting. And what's even worse is that I know there are parents who would think that's ok to give to their toddler.

Lindsay 06.14.2008

Landon 1.20.10

mommymichael
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 10:57 AM

and those items can be overused, or incorrectly given as well.

Phenomemom
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 10:57 AM

This is what a call a "worked for me!" reply. Just because it worked for you, doesn't mean it will for everyone.

We also decided that our second son would only be offered the healthy foods we normally eat. "He won't starve himself" we said. In ONE month, he dropped from the 28th percentile in weight, to completely off the chart. As in, his weight doesn't even register for his height. There is nothing physically wrong with him. He just doesn't like food. He still gets the regular meals that we feed, and still turns his nose up at most of them, but NEEDS high calorie supplements to help him grow.

I'm a little perturbed by this whole post in general. Most mothers who use these things are directed to do so by pediatricians for a number of VALID reasons, and shouldn't made to feel like crap for wanting their children to grow.

Quoting mommymichael:

my son is a picky eater too, and you know what? it was coming down to crap crap and crap that he would only eat. i got rid of all of the crap in our house and surprise!! he's eating veggies and all the things he wouldn't touch before. a kid won't starve themselves. don't give them the choice to eat unhealthy items and their "pickiness" will begin to fade.

no one is disputing that kids with weight issues need things with higher calories. but the US is a country with obesity problems, and this is doing nothing to help it. For the more mainstream moms whose kids have no weight issues.. this is not a healthy poduct. granted all things in moderation, but really?? i see quite a few obese kids these days.. i don't think moms are moderating anything.

someone mentioned milk having 12 grams of sugar. really?? milk. you're comparing milk to formula with crap sugar in it and nutrients added in? milk having sugar is natural. i doubt they add sugar to milk. if they do, then i stand corrected.

skisbufly1
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 11:08 AM

Very well said... My DD is the same way!!

Quoting Phenomemom:

This is what a call a "worked for me!" reply. Just because it worked for you, doesn't mean it will for everyone.

We also decided that our second son would only be offered the healthy foods we normally eat. "He won't starve himself" we said. In ONE month, he dropped from the 28th percentile in weight, to completely off the chart. As in, his weight doesn't even register for his height. There is nothing physically wrong with him. He just doesn't like food. He still gets the regular meals that we feed, and still turns his nose up at most of them, but NEEDS high calorie supplements to help him grow.

I'm a little perturbed by this whole post in general. Most mothers who use these things are directed to do so by pediatricians for a number of VALID reasons, and shouldn't made to feel like crap for wanting their children to grow.

Quoting mommymichael:

my son is a picky eater too, and you know what? it was coming down to crap crap and crap that he would only eat. i got rid of all of the crap in our house and surprise!! he's eating veggies and all the things he wouldn't touch before. a kid won't starve themselves. don't give them the choice to eat unhealthy items and their "pickiness" will begin to fade.

no one is disputing that kids with weight issues need things with higher calories. but the US is a country with obesity problems, and this is doing nothing to help it. For the more mainstream moms whose kids have no weight issues.. this is not a healthy poduct. granted all things in moderation, but really?? i see quite a few obese kids these days.. i don't think moms are moderating anything.

someone mentioned milk having 12 grams of sugar. really?? milk. you're comparing milk to formula with crap sugar in it and nutrients added in? milk having sugar is natural. i doubt they add sugar to milk. if they do, then i stand corrected.

babybull0601
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 11:11 AM

Quoting mommymichael:

where does it say that? does it come with a prescription, or can you buy it off the shelf?

You can get it off the shelf but why would someone who does not have a child with an eating disorder buy that expensive stuff.  

StrayMom
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 11:15 AM

But that's not the PRODUCT'S fault, that's the PARENT'S fault.  And there will be parents who feed their kids absolute crap even if this product didn't exist.

I don't think that this product should be vilified because someone will use it improperly, when there are plenty of proper uses and responsible parents who can benefit.

Quoting mommymichael:

and those items can be overused, or incorrectly given as well.

jbrown
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 11:30 AM

When my dd was a TODDLER, I gave her Enfagrow, but it was not chocolate. They do make a regular flavor, and vanilla.  My child did not have any feeding issues, but I felt it was better for her than milk. I also gave her Gerber Graduates instead of table food.  She did not get milk or our regular meals until she was 2.  EVERYONE thought I was nuts, but my dd is 6 now and is a very healthy, happy, active child, so I must have done something right. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN