Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Someone on my Facebook friends posted this on April Fools Day and I swore it was an acual JOKE!

http://enfamil.com/app/iwp/enfamil/productDetail.do?dm=enf&id=/Consumer_Home2/Enf_Products/ForToddlers/EnfagrowChocolate&cm_mmc=paid%20search-_-EnfagrowChocolate-_-Google-_-Expert2054

Come and check out the new Momotics!

MOMOTICS

by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 8:54 AM
Replies (21-30):
CTRedSoxMom
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 9:06 AM

Its an accessive amount of sugar for one serving for a child. That is my point.

Quoting Shauna71904:

ugh ok and whole milk has 12.83 what's your point dear?

Quoting CTRedSoxMom:

I formula feed my youngest child, but I still find this wrong on so many levels, one thing being ONE serving of it has 19 grams of sugar.  Its like setting children up for issues with weight, obesity, and diabetes.

Quoting Shauna71904:

if it's ok to EBF what's wrong with this?

MOMOTICS

jesi817
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2010 at 9:06 AM

this is going to turn into a breastfeeding post/rant. lol im calling it now! ill come back in a few hours to see what the damage is! :)

mommy_cpm
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 9:06 AM

What about children who have medical reasons for drinking this product or Pediasure....do you not agree with that either?

Quoting CTRedSoxMom:

And I don't agree with that either, pedisure had 23g of sugar per serving. http://pediasure.com/Products

Quoting JADIEBUG:

Pedisure is the same thing and people use that left and right. it is NO different than Pedisure.

Shauna71904
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 9:07 AM

jeez let me lay this out for ya!

you extend breast feed so the kids get additional nutrients RIGHT????

this is no different. It is chock full of vitamins adn nutrients toddlers need...

GOT IT??? hahahaha

Quoting MommyCakesinTX:

How dies this compare to breastmilk?  Mine wasn't chocolate.

Quoting Shauna71904:

skisbufly1
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 9:07 AM

Agree with what there's nothing for you to agree with, my DD drank Pediasure at the Pedi recommendation to help with her weight gain.

Quoting CTRedSoxMom:

And I don't agree with that either, pedisure had 23g of sugar per serving. http://pediasure.com/Products

Quoting JADIEBUG:

Pedisure is the same thing and people use that left and right. it is NO different than Pedisure.

skisbufly1
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 9:08 AM

ditto...

Quoting mommy_cpm:

What about children who have medical reasons for drinking this product or Pediasure....do you not agree with that either?

Quoting CTRedSoxMom:

Quoting JADIEBUG:

CTRedSoxMom

If there is a medical reason, I do not see a problem with it as long as it is prescribed. I just cant say I see a pediatrician recommending something along those lines. I know mine wouldn't.

Quoting mommy_cpm:

MOMOTICS

night.magic
by Chicken Nugget on Apr. 6, 2010 at 9:08 AM

And nobody is saying a baby has to be given this for every bottle or sippy. It may just be something they give them once a day or as a treat.

Shauna71904

so 12 isnt any more than 19??? I mean 12 seems too high as well wouldn't you think? and to moms who swap kids to whole milk at 12 months OFHHHHHH I BET THAT UNLEASHES AN ARGUMENT hahaha the devil women, they are subjecting their kids to obesity as well right? because whole milk as 12 grams of sugar?

Quoting CTRedSoxMom:

Its an accessive amount of sugar for one serving for a child. That is my point.

Quoting Shauna71904:

ugh ok and whole milk has 12.83 what's your point dear?

Quoting CTRedSoxMom:

I formula feed my youngest child, but I still find this wrong on so many levels, one thing being ONE serving of it has 19 grams of sugar.  Its like setting children up for issues with weight, obesity, and diabetes.

Quoting Shauna71904:

CTRedSoxMom

Breastmilk doesn't have 19g of sugar per serving.

Quoting Shauna71904:

jeez let me lay this out for ya!

you extend breast feed so the kids get additional nutrients RIGHT????

this is no different. It is chock full of vitamins adn nutrients toddlers need...

GOT IT??? hahahaha

Quoting MommyCakesinTX:

How dies this compare to breastmilk?  Mine wasn't chocolate.

Quoting Shauna71904:

MOMOTICS

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)