Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Someone on my Facebook friends posted this on April Fools Day and I swore it was an acual JOKE!

http://enfamil.com/app/iwp/enfamil/productDetail.do?dm=enf&id=/Consumer_Home2/Enf_Products/ForToddlers/EnfagrowChocolate&cm_mmc=paid%20search-_-EnfagrowChocolate-_-Google-_-Expert2054

Come and check out the new Momotics!

MOMOTICS

by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 8:54 AM
Replies (41-50):
JADIEBUG
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 9:13 AM

If you have a child with a feeding tube and very little oral feeding ability there are NO alternatives.

Quoting CTRedSoxMom:

I am not disputing that they don't. I just know that mine would recommend alternatives before something of this nature.

Quoting mommy_cpm:

Pediatricians recommend Pediasure all the time.

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2010 at 9:14 AM

some toddlers need this kind of thing with the extra calories it adds.  My son was 18 lbs at 2 years old.....although he could not have milk based products due to allergy..if they'd had something similar in soy I'd have gone for it just to help him gain some much needed weight.  there can be legitimate reasons to use this for toddlers as labeled.  My son is still very tiny...9 years old...39 lbs and can't have any type of dairy supplements to add calories to his diet......he is now on growth hormone as he is less then 45 inches...so....again there are  very legitimate reasons to use this.

CTRedSoxMom
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 9:14 AM

I may not have had that, but I had a child with faiure to thrive who is still in the less than 5th % so I know all about weight gain and feeding issues.

Quoting JADIEBUG:

If you have a child with a feeding tube and very little oral feeding ability there are NO alternatives.

MOMOTICS

MommyCakesinTX
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 9:15 AM

It isnt for babies, it's for toddlers!

Quoting Kays_Mama06:

I didn't even realize what was wrong with the picture until I read the comments.. LOL!

Hey.. Some babies don't like regular formula.. Maybe they use a scoop of this to help the parents and the baby out..

skisbufly1
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 9:16 AM

You know about your child and your child only, you know nothing about peoples situation with there child.

Quoting CTRedSoxMom:

I may not have had that, but I had a child with faiure to thrive who is still in the less than 5th % so I know all about weight gain and feeding issues.

Quoting JADIEBUG:

HouseKatof2
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 9:16 AM

Other than the fact that it is chocolate flavored, I don't see anything wrong with it. 

My son was on "Next Step Toddler" soy formula after he was a year old, and Pediasure after that. The doctor recommended it because he had a hard time gaining weight & couldn't drink milk. He will be 15 next month and has no weight issues, isn't a junk food eater, and is very healthy. 

A simple drink will not dictate your child's eating habits, unless you let it.   

"It is in our obligation to endure that we achieve the right to know."
~My Dad   

"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" 
~Fredrick Douglass

CTRedSoxMom
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 9:17 AM

Never claimed I did  :)

Quoting skisbufly1:

You know about your child and your child only, you know nothing about peoples situation with there child.

MOMOTICS

G0rJ3ssM0mmy
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 9:17 AM

whats wrong with it? formula tastes disgusting so why would this be any worse?  just something differant for babys that are a little bit older, that are acutally up moving around burning off fat and stuff like that, now if it were for a new born id be like "no thanks ill pass" but this is for kids that are actually up and active.  i bet the kids will like it :) but nothing takes the place of milk and hersheys syrup ;) LOL my 3 year old loves chocolate milk, she never used formula so i wouldnt know how they'd react to it.

JADIEBUG
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 9:18 AM

I am just trying to show you there is a reason for products like this. my son is liquid diet dependent. He very rarely eats by mouth. Without some type of formula he would not survive. I would rather my son survive on formula like this then die of starvation. We are in Feeding therapy but it is a slow process.

Quoting CTRedSoxMom:

Quoting JADIEBUG:

OneToughMami
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 9:18 AM

Pediasure is actually prescribed for children who need to gain weight or need the extra sugar (i.e. children who are diabetic and do not eat breakfast) or they may need other things it prescribes. This is exactly the same thing in powder form and probably slightly cheaper. Just because someone abuses a product that DOES NOT mean there's people who do not NEED the product.

Quoting CTRedSoxMom:

And I don't agree with that either, pedisure had 23g of sugar per serving. http://pediasure.com/Products

Quoting JADIEBUG:

Pedisure is the same thing and people use that left and right. it is NO different than Pedisure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN