Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Someone on my Facebook friends posted this on April Fools Day and I swore it was an acual JOKE!

http://enfamil.com/app/iwp/enfamil/productDetail.do?dm=enf&id=/Consumer_Home2/Enf_Products/ForToddlers/EnfagrowChocolate&cm_mmc=paid%20search-_-EnfagrowChocolate-_-Google-_-Expert2054

Come and check out the new Momotics!

MOMOTICS

by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 8:54 AM
Replies (71-80):
that_1_mommy
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 9:55 AM

I did...and he told me to use the Pediasure for my son. So we did and it has done WONDERS for him. He looks better, he has more energy, he sleeps better....now if it would help him in school....

Quoting Mom2PunkRockers:

Sorry you arent going to get anyone there either , there are much better products for children with weight gain , and medical issues trust me , my daughter has crohns disease, at one point in her life she was on an N/G tube because she was literally starving to death because of her disease. The difference is , pediasure you can buy in a store , the other , better things require a prescription from a doctor. If you have a child with legitimate weight or feeding or medical issues , you should be asking for the prescription supplements, or liquid meals , they are much better nutritionally and have less sugar etc. All you have to do is ASK YOUR DOCTOR.

Quoting mommy_cpm:

What about children who have medical reasons for drinking this product or Pediasure....do you not agree with that either?

Quoting CTRedSoxMom:

And I don't agree with that either, pedisure had 23g of sugar per serving. http://pediasure.com/Products

Quoting JADIEBUG:

Pedisure is the same thing and people use that left and right. it is NO different than Pedisure.

Are you a plus size mama that wants to lose weight?
Then join us at Plus Size Mama's Losing Weight!

mamaoftwins9197

I understand that issue, but why the chocolate?  I mean, sure, as an occasional treat, but not as a mainstay.

Quoting JADIEBUG:

Some children need formula after 1. If they have a feeding tube, feeding issues or weight issues.

Quoting mamaoftwins9197:

Why give them formula then? 

Quoting JADIEBUG:

It is for toddlers not infants.

Quoting mamaoftwins9197:

Wow...that is unvelievable.  My kids are 2 and a half and they get chocolate milk occasionally, but they know it is a treat, not a mainstay of their diet.  I cannot imagine giving an infant chocolate flavored formula.

CafeMom Tickers
OneToughMami

Kids might not but sometimes I use it...the amount of sugar in it works good and is something different when my sugar is low. Sometimes I am just not really hungry so something like that is quite a good little snack.

Quoting mamaoftwins9197:

And IMO there's something wrong with that too.  Kids do not need all that sugar!!!  There are other, healthier ways of putting on weight and such if that's why the parents are using those products.  If they are using them just for the flavor, there is something wrong with that.  If your kid won't drink milk, give them cheese, yogurt, etc...much healthier than this crap.

Quoting JADIEBUG:

What is the difference between this product and flavored Pedisure and Essure? NONE. Some parents give their toddlers Pedisure all the time.

Quoting La-Belle-Vie:

Quoting Shauna71904:

if it's ok to EBF what's wrong with this?

Lol, I love it when people comment on something they did not look at.

It is chocolate flavored FORMULA for toddlers

"

That's why we created new Enfagrow PREMIUM Chocolate with Triple Health Guardâ„¢. With more nutrition than milk, Omega-3 DHA, prebiotics, and a great tasting chocolate flavor he'll love, you can help be sure he's getting the nutrition he still needs even after he outgrows infant formula.

"

MommynMonster
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2010 at 9:55 AM

If you give an infant toddler formula, you have problems

Quoting mamaoftwins9197:

Wow...that is unvelievable.  My kids are 2 and a half and they get chocolate milk occasionally, but they know it is a treat, not a mainstay of their diet.  I cannot imagine giving an infant chocolate flavored formula.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/pinkmonkeysponge/f2e36336.gif?t=12637133844lxcspj.jpg picture by pinkmonkeyspongehttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/pinkmonkeysponge/ico-resurrect11.gif?t=1263713485volde-mart.jpg picture by pinkmonkeyspongehttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/pinkmonkeysponge/ico-mollytrix07.gif?t=1263713445http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/pinkmonkeysponge/SweeneyMrsLovett.jpg?t=1263713462http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/pinkmonkeysponge/arithmancy.png?t=1263713493

mamaoftwins9197
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 9:56 AM

Like I said, my kids get chocolate milk occasionally...and that's fine, occasionally.  I was thinking of people that are using it as a mainstay in a child's diet.  Totally unneccesary.

Quoting OneToughMami:

Kids might not but sometimes I use it...the amount of sugar in it works good and is something different when my sugar is low. Sometimes I am just not really hungry so something like that is quite a good little snack.

Quoting mamaoftwins9197:

And IMO there's something wrong with that too.  Kids do not need all that sugar!!!  There are other, healthier ways of putting on weight and such if that's why the parents are using those products.  If they are using them just for the flavor, there is something wrong with that.  If your kid won't drink milk, give them cheese, yogurt, etc...much healthier than this crap.

Quoting JADIEBUG:

What is the difference between this product and flavored Pedisure and Essure? NONE. Some parents give their toddlers Pedisure all the time.

Quoting La-Belle-Vie:

Quoting Shauna71904:

if it's ok to EBF what's wrong with this?

Lol, I love it when people comment on something they did not look at.

It is chocolate flavored FORMULA for toddlers

"

That's why we created new Enfagrow PREMIUM Chocolate with Triple Health Guardâ„¢. With more nutrition than milk, Omega-3 DHA, prebiotics, and a great tasting chocolate flavor he'll love, you can help be sure he's getting the nutrition he still needs even after he outgrows infant formula.

"

CafeMom Tickers
that_1_mommy
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 9:56 AM

Frankly, I see nothing wrong with it. It's not formula, it's basically powdered Pediasure.

JADIEBUG
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 9:57 AM

You never had a child with severe feeding issues, huh? If that is all you can get them to take orally...I bet you would give it.

Quoting mamaoftwins9197:

I understand that issue, but why the chocolate?  I mean, sure, as an occasional treat, but not as a mainstay.

Quoting JADIEBUG:

Some children need formula after 1. If they have a feeding tube, feeding issues or weight issues.

mamaoftwins9197
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 9:57 AM

I didn't realize it was toddler formula at first.  Since my children don't have any problems like that, I didn't realize until this thread that there was formula for toddlers.  I always thought that stopped at age 1.

Quoting MommynMonster:

If you give an infant toddler formula, you have problems

Quoting mamaoftwins9197:

CafeMom Tickers
mamaoftwins9197
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 9:59 AM

Nope, I haven't, and I can't argue that point because I haven't been there.  I would like to think that there would be other options.  My kids wouldn't drink regular milk for a while once they had a taste of chocolate, but they went back to it when they realized they didn't have a choice.  I do realize that all children are different as well.  I'll just go to saying, it's not right for my kids and others can do what they please.  That's what it's all about anyway.

Quoting JADIEBUG:

You never had a child with severe feeding issues, huh? If that is all you can get them to take orally...I bet you would give it.

Quoting mamaoftwins9197:

Quoting JADIEBUG:

CafeMom Tickers
StarsChildren
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 10:01 AM

Quoting NeedingAdvice23:

There are so many things wrong with this...gross.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN