Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Someone on my Facebook friends posted this on April Fools Day and I swore it was an acual JOKE!

http://enfamil.com/app/iwp/enfamil/productDetail.do?dm=enf&id=/Consumer_Home2/Enf_Products/ForToddlers/EnfagrowChocolate&cm_mmc=paid%20search-_-EnfagrowChocolate-_-Google-_-Expert2054

Come and check out the new Momotics!

MOMOTICS

by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 8:54 AM
Replies (81-90):
JADIEBUG
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 10:02 AM

90% of the time my son is tube feed. 10% of the time he gets drinks like Pedisure orally and that was a struggle to get him even to that point. He rarely will touch a solid orally. He is 2. We are in feeding therapy...But there is a need for products like this.

Quoting mamaoftwins9197:

Nope, I haven't, and I can't argue that point because I haven't been there.  I would like to think that there would be other options.  My kids wouldn't drink regular milk for a while once they had a taste of chocolate, but they went back to it when they realized they didn't have a choice.  I do realize that all children are different as well.  I'll just go to saying, it's not right for my kids and others can do what they please.  That's what it's all about anyway.

Quoting JADIEBUG:

You never had a child with severe feeding issues, huh? If that is all you can get them to take orally...I bet you would give it.

zekesgirl
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 10:03 AM

Quoting Shauna71904:

if it's ok to EBF what's wrong with this?

My bm is not chocolate flavored, nor does it have that much sugar...

Christi9834
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 10:04 AM

Man people will argue about anything on here....eye rolling

Momtogirls0823
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2010 at 10:16 AM

Quoting Mom2PunkRockers:

Sorry you arent going to get anyone there either , there are much better products for children with weight gain , and medical issues trust me , my daughter has crohns disease, at one point in her life she was on an N/G tube because she was literally starving to death because of her disease. The difference is , pediasure you can buy in a store , the other , better things require a prescription from a doctor. If you have a child with legitimate weight or feeding or medical issues , you should be asking for the prescription supplements, or liquid meals , they are much better nutritionally and have less sugar etc. All you have to do is ASK YOUR DOCTOR.

Quoting mommy_cpm:

What about children who have medical reasons for drinking this product or Pediasure....do you not agree with that either?

Quoting CTRedSoxMom:

And I don't agree with that either, pedisure had 23g of sugar per serving. http://pediasure.com/Products

Quoting JADIEBUG:

Pedisure is the same thing and people use that left and right. it is NO different than Pedisure.

I am so sorry to hear your dd has Chron's.  My dh has it, has had it since he graduated high school.  It's a horrible disease.    If you don't mind me asking, how old is she?   Also, if you need any support, I'm here, if even just a shoulder to lean on.  : )

Jonathan101909
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 10:17 AM

...........chocoalte formula for toddlers?! Are you kidding me?

skisbufly1
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 10:19 AM

Whats the problem?

Quoting Jonathan101909:

...........chocoalte formula for toddlers?! Are you kidding me?

babyfat5
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 10:23 AM

Oh geeze! Okay at 12 mos my kids were still getting the boob but if I had chosen to formula feed and they were underweight, or were not eating a well balanced diet at a year I may have used something like this. I'd rather see kids drinking chocolate formula from a sippy than soda, gatorade, and some of the other shit that is out there. The formula may have 19 grams of sugar but it has nutritional value where as some of that other stuff is just plain pure out an out crap! I venture to say that some of the mom's here complaining about how much sugar is in this formula are probably giving their toddlers their 4th or 5th sippy of juice today not thinking anything is wrong with that.

jeskaM
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 10:23 AM

My dd only drinks water...I now discovered that she likes the breakfast chocolate milk. I see nothing wrong with this. Im pretty sure this is intended for picky eaters that need to gain some weight.

mlmartinez
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 10:26 AM

DITTO! lol I have tried to offer my son milk but he takes a big swig and throws the sippy! even if it has chocolate! He knows where the good stuff is hehehehehe

Quoting MommyCakesinTX:

How dies this compare to breastmilk?  Mine wasn't chocolate.

Quoting Shauna71904:

if it's ok to EBF what's wrong with this?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

amayabrianna
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 10:30 AM

OK for everyone that says that your BM doesn't have that much sugar here you go:

"Oligosaccharides (small sugar chains larger than lactose) are unique to human breast milk. These small sugar chains are present in amounts as high as 18 grams per litre of breast milk which is much higher than protein at 10 to 12 gram per litre. The most common sugars making up these short chains are N-acetyl-D-glucosamine, sialic acid (a 9 carbon amino sugar) and fucose. Fifteen percent of the sugar content is protein bound and 85% is free in the form of oligosaccharides, with chain lengths varying from 3 to 11 units1." 

Pro-choice.gif Pro choice image by Treehugger30thextended-rear-facing.gif image by MommabunchCopyofFinalcarseatblinkie.gif image by Mommabunch

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN