Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Someone on my Facebook friends posted this on April Fools Day and I swore it was an acual JOKE!

http://enfamil.com/app/iwp/enfamil/productDetail.do?dm=enf&id=/Consumer_Home2/Enf_Products/ForToddlers/EnfagrowChocolate&cm_mmc=paid%20search-_-EnfagrowChocolate-_-Google-_-Expert2054

Come and check out the new Momotics!

MOMOTICS

by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 8:54 AM
Replies (91-100):
jeskaM
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 10:31 AM

wow seeing these replies make me laugh..THIS IS NOT A MEAL REPLACMENT PEOPLE. Its meant as a once a day thing for picky eaters so they still get the nutrition they need. It is also meant for toddlers not babies.

Phenomemom
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 10:33 AM

Not to mention that some toddlers have growth issues and NEED a high caloric intake. I have one.

Quoting JADIEBUG:

Pedisure is the same thing and people use that left and right. it is NO different than Pedisure.

Quoting CTRedSoxMom:

I formula feed my youngest child, but I still find this wrong on so many levels, one thing being ONE serving of it has 19 grams of sugar.  Its like setting children up for issues with weight, obesity, and diabetes.

Quoting Shauna71904:

if it's ok to EBF what's wrong with this?

insunshine
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 10:33 AM

HA HA HA! Mine may be! I sure have been eating this easter candy!!

Quoting MommyCakesinTX:

How dies this compare to breastmilk?  Mine wasn't chocolate.

Quoting Shauna71904:

sweetnsassymami
by Diabla on Apr. 6, 2010 at 10:34 AM

lol call cps. oh the horror!

thisloveofmine
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 10:35 AM

Jeez...

twocutetwins09
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 10:36 AM

I see nothing wrong with it.

TessB
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2010 at 10:36 AM

My oldest has growth hormone deficiency and gets a shot of GH every night...he is also on a high calorie diet. This is a easy way for calories, but like everything else that is high calorie, it is full of sugar and/or fat! It is so hard to find things that are healthy and high in calories. At least with this they get the nutrients as well!

Quoting Phenomemom:

Not to mention that some toddlers have growth issues and NEED a high caloric intake. I have one.

Quoting JADIEBUG:

Pedisure is the same thing and people use that left and right. it is NO different than Pedisure.

Quoting CTRedSoxMom:

I formula feed my youngest child, but I still find this wrong on so many levels, one thing being ONE serving of it has 19 grams of sugar.  Its like setting children up for issues with weight, obesity, and diabetes.

Quoting Shauna71904:

Proud Army Wife to Josh and mother to 3 beautiful boys...
Hayden David June 2001
Brodie Nicholas December 2004
Seth Justin July 07, 2009

insunshine

BABIES ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE LOTS OF CALORIES!!!! LOL! Thats why there is alot in breastmilk! It grows babies! babies who breastfeed dont need restricted calories!!!! LOL! Its okay to feed one year olds whole milk! You crack me up! Trying to put down breastmilk!

Quoting amayabrianna:

OK for everyone that says that your BM doesn't have that much sugar here you go:

"Oligosaccharides (small sugar chains larger than lactose) are unique to human breast milk. These small sugar chains are present in amounts as high as 18 grams per litre of breast milk which is much higher than protein at 10 to 12 gram per litre. The most common sugars making up these short chains are N-acetyl-D-glucosamine, sialic acid (a 9 carbon amino sugar) and fucose. Fifteen percent of the sugar content is protein bound and 85% is free in the form of oligosaccharides, with chain lengths varying from 3 to 11 units1." 

VAMPLUVR3

I really don't see what the big deal is. I am sure it's supposed to be used as a supplement.

StrayMom
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 10:37 AM

Quoting babyfat5:

Oh geeze! Okay at 12 mos my kids were still getting the boob but if I had chosen to formula feed and they were underweight, or were not eating a well balanced diet at a year I may have used something like this. I'd rather see kids drinking chocolate formula from a sippy than soda, gatorade, and some of the other shit that is out there. The formula may have 19 grams of sugar but it has nutritional value where as some of that other stuff is just plain pure out an out crap! I venture to say that some of the mom's here complaining about how much sugar is in this formula are probably giving their toddlers their 4th or 5th sippy of juice today not thinking anything is wrong with that.

Finally something I can agree with.  There is a hell of a lot of sugar in "natural" things like 100% juice...which is downright frightening unless you cut it substantially with water.

A little sugar won't kill an active child.  Sugar + fast food + letting them sit on their asses in front of the TV (electric babysitter) is the real problem.  And, as many others have pointed out, the calories in this formula are not empty calories.  I much rather have a kid have a cup of this and go play outside than a lot of other alternatives.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)