Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What happens if a 2 year old eats Tums?

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 1:12 PM
  • 17 Replies

I accidentally left the Tums out. My 2 yr old got a hold of it (I don't know when exactly...some time this morning) and ate the rest of them, which wasn't many, probably less than a dozen, if that.

                             

by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaBloom777
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 1:13 PM

I have no idea.  Does it say anything on the bottle?  You could call poison control if you're scared for him.  I want to say that I don't think it will them, but I'm not positive. 

here's a bump...maybe other mamas know!

SassyPainter
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 1:16 PM

They are mostly calcium, so it might make him constipated.  Call the doc or nurse line if you're concerned. 

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Apr. 6, 2010 at 1:17 PM

extra calcium LOL

mommyyokes
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 1:17 PM

Probably not much. Will probably conetipate him though.

LittleBoPeep252
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 1:18 PM

 Nothing, they just get extra calcium

La-Belle-Vie
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 1:18 PM

I am not sure but poison controll will know and they are VERY helpful! 

 

HelloKitty86
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 1:19 PM

absolutley nothing! lol, my son did that too at that age, and he was fine. Didn't even get constipated.

misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2010 at 1:19 PM

nothing h\they have to eat a whole bottle for it to be a big deal. Just call poisen control they will tell you. Also nothing happends if your child eats one sudefed either. But if your child drinks that acitone nail police remover thats really bad.

NattysMommy
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 1:19 PM

 

Quoting La-Belle-Vie:

I am not sure but poison controll will know and they are VERY helpful! 

 

 

Amiebugs
by on Apr. 6, 2010 at 1:19 PM

At two I took my dd to my sisters house who had a roll of tums sitting out that I didnt see, pretty soon my dd was sick and threw up foamy stuff and I found the wrapper. In my case my dd threw it up but she ate the entire package, I would call just to make sure it couldnt do more. Sorry and good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)