Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

6 yr old girl kills herself after being sent to her room. OMG!!!! *update*

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/6-year-old-oregon-girl-commits-suicide-medical-examiner-says/19428962

I wanted to apologize if I upset ANYONE by posting this. I just thought as mothers we should all read this, so if heaven forbid, that our child someday says something like this, it won't be overlooked as a child being angry for being sent to their room.

Again I am very sorry if I upset, or brought up bad memories for anyone. I just thought it was something that needed to read by all of us.

Lost-tv-953.jpg

by on Apr. 7, 2010 at 1:43 AM
Replies (11-20):
jessigarrett
by on Apr. 7, 2010 at 1:50 AM

wow how very tragic

TimAndNicksMom
by on Apr. 7, 2010 at 1:51 AM

Quoting isra1986:

That is just horrible :(

-2kids4me-

That's horrible. I wonder if she unintentionally commited suicide.

Radarma
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2010 at 1:51 AM

Quoting strongerthanB4:

I think alot of parents don't realize just how much a child really understands, even at the age of 7. Horrible.

Quoting MsDean:

That is so sad. I hope they are wrong but it sounds like they are not. Maybe she was trying to hurt herself but at 7 do they really understand death?

I agree with your statement; however, the cognitive development of your average near 7 y/o does NOT understand the permanency of this action.

This is a child that was VERY angry and was unable to regulate that emotion. (imo)

I have some questions...I hope it is ok to pose them here: How high was this crib?! And what type of detail did her parents actually get into when they discussed the dangers of playing with things around the neck? It's not like a 6 y/o watches CSI, yk?

This scares the shit out of me because I often fear I am saying TOO MUCH as a mom.

UGH This is so sad.

mommatoababyboy

Quoting isra1986:

That is just horrible :(

tginn20
by on Apr. 7, 2010 at 1:53 AM

I personally would have went and checked on a 6 yr old who has threatened to kill themselves....if a child says things like that then there is an underlying issue. Lack of parenting IMO.

bctraci
by on Apr. 7, 2010 at 1:54 AM

Incredibly tragic! I have 7 children. I have warned them all about the dangers of putting things around their necks - among other dangerous acts. Not one of them ever mentioned or tried killing themselves - I hope none of them ever do.  My prayers are with the family.

nothingbutgirls
by on Apr. 7, 2010 at 1:55 AM

Thats really sad but it makes me wonder why a 6yr old would even have thoughts like that? I wonder what kind of home environment they lived in? The whole story sounds a little suspicious to me.

_mimimosley_
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2010 at 1:56 AM

<~~~~Looks at life differently now.

Theres two kinds of people in this world when you boil it all down. You got your talkers and you got your doers. most people are just talkers, all they do is talk. but when it is all said and done, it's the doers that change this world. and when they do that, they change us, and that's why we never forget them. so which one are you? do you just talk about it, or do you stand up and do something about it? because believe you me, all the rest of it is just coffee house and bullshit. Rocco

pinkprincess08
by on Apr. 7, 2010 at 1:57 AM

omg :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN