Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

6 yr old girl kills herself after being sent to her room. OMG!!!! *update*

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/6-year-old-oregon-girl-commits-suicide-medical-examiner-says/19428962

I wanted to apologize if I upset ANYONE by posting this. I just thought as mothers we should all read this, so if heaven forbid, that our child someday says something like this, it won't be overlooked as a child being angry for being sent to their room.

Again I am very sorry if I upset, or brought up bad memories for anyone. I just thought it was something that needed to read by all of us.

Lost-tv-953.jpg

by on Apr. 7, 2010 at 1:43 AM
Replies (21-30):
lovemygreek87
by on Apr. 7, 2010 at 2:00 AM

That is so horrible.  My daughter attempted to kill herself (before she was my daughter).  She was almost 7.  I don't think she realized what killing herself meant, and I doubt that this little girl did.

Mylife817
by on Apr. 7, 2010 at 2:09 AM

omg this is ridiculous.

futureshock
by Dr. Futureshock on Apr. 7, 2010 at 2:10 AM

Terrifying.

my2stinkyboys
by on Apr. 7, 2010 at 2:55 AM

My 6 year old has been getting in trouble and sent to his room alot latley.. I could not imagine him doing this to himself...I had a 6 year old nephew who accidentally killed himself. He was with his moms boyfriend and the boyfriend left him alone in a truck with  it running and my nephew was playing with the window, rolling it up and down ( it didnt have a child lock on it) and he put his head in between the window and the frame and it got stuck and he couldnt reach it to roll it down and when  he was found, he looked like he was looking at the back of the truck but he was dead... he didnt realize he could die..... I cant believe I just shared that... wow!

thisloveofmine
by on Apr. 7, 2010 at 3:19 AM

Why did you post this? That is the saddest thing ever... :( :( :(

Meadowchik
by Member on Apr. 7, 2010 at 3:38 AM

Kids are smart enough to hurt themselves.  This is a VERY scary story because the girl knew how to do it because of the warnings parents gave about not putting things around their necks because they could die.  How many of us warn our kids like that, with complete honest, caring intentions?  I guess the thing is, if a child threatens they will kill themselves, sadly such a statement cannot be dismissed no matter the age.

Rmiddelton
by on Apr. 7, 2010 at 3:40 AM

This story just freaked me the fuck OUT! My daughter is 6, we live in Oregon, and her birthday is Dec.7th. My heart is in my throat right now. I send my daughter to her room ALL the time, for being a smart mouth! 

smittnlittlkitn
by on Apr. 7, 2010 at 3:41 AM

how would a 6 yr old have the KNOWLEDGE on HOW_TO commit suicide?

many adults with full intent-   fail-   but a 6 yr old know to ties a belt to a crib and hang herself?

smittnlittlkitn
by on Apr. 7, 2010 at 3:44 AM

Quoting my2stinkyboys:

My 6 year old has been getting in trouble and sent to his room alot latley.. I could not imagine him doing this to himself...I had a 6 year old nephew who accidentally killed himself. He was with his moms boyfriend and the boyfriend left him alone in a truck with  it running and my nephew was playing with the window, rolling it up and down ( it didnt have a child lock on it) and he put his head in between the window and the frame and it got stuck and he couldnt reach it to roll it down and when  he was found, he looked like he was looking at the back of the truck but he was dead... he didnt realize he could die..... I cant believe I just shared that... wow!

oh mommy- sorry that happened to yr nephew- its this kind of story that makes other moms aware of the dangers-    

one of those 'it-happened-to-me" experiences that might help others to share. 

pumpkinpie778
by on Apr. 7, 2010 at 3:59 AM
Depressed Children thats sad :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)