Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

6 yr old girl kills herself after being sent to her room. OMG!!!! *update*

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/6-year-old-oregon-girl-commits-suicide-medical-examiner-says/19428962

I wanted to apologize if I upset ANYONE by posting this. I just thought as mothers we should all read this, so if heaven forbid, that our child someday says something like this, it won't be overlooked as a child being angry for being sent to their room.

Again I am very sorry if I upset, or brought up bad memories for anyone. I just thought it was something that needed to read by all of us.

Lost-tv-953.jpg

by on Apr. 7, 2010 at 1:43 AM
Replies (31-40):
lorililly
by on Apr. 7, 2010 at 8:53 AM

omg that is so sad

1busymomma03
by on Apr. 7, 2010 at 8:57 AM

OMG. I feel like crying. That is so horribly sad. That poor girl, and her poor parents. It says that she told them she was going to kill herself... If one of my kids said that to me, we would be sitting down and having a talk about it...

RaeLynn1221
by on Apr. 7, 2010 at 9:01 AM

WOW. I am just stunned. My dd will be 6 in July. I guess this is a wake up call for parents, no matter what age your child is if they threaten to kill themselves keep an eye on them and get them help. I never would have thought a child that young would do this.

Quoting Meadowchik:

Kids are smart enough to hurt themselves.  This is a VERY scary story because the girl knew how to do it because of the warnings parents gave about not putting things around their necks because they could die.  How many of us warn our kids like that, with complete honest, caring intentions?  I guess the thing is, if a child threatens they will kill themselves, sadly such a statement cannot be dismissed no matter the age.

bananahammock1
by on Apr. 7, 2010 at 9:05 AM

Very sad.

Proud Infantry Army wife and mommy of 3 Army brats

american flag ribbon

othermom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 7, 2010 at 9:46 AM

That is so sad. There is no way that is suicide, a 6 year old doesn't understand death like that.

allurasmamma
by on Apr. 7, 2010 at 9:50 AM

poor child. This is horrible.

KristaP13
by New Member on Apr. 7, 2010 at 9:51 AM

OMG :'(

KaylasMiracle
by on Apr. 7, 2010 at 9:54 AM

OMG...That is so sad!!! Sending thoughts to the poor family.

proudmotherof5k
by on Apr. 7, 2010 at 9:55 AM

Quoting Radarma:

bump for tomorrow.

Devastating and clearly, something that is going to scare a lot of us mothers.

okchev73
by on Apr. 7, 2010 at 9:55 AM

That is so sad and i dont understand why kids that young would do something like that.. my s/o 's cousin was around 8 years old when he did something sort of like that but he hung himself with a belt using the shower in the bathroom cause he seen it done on tv.. i send my prayers and thoughts with the family

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN