Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My husband amazes me with how ungrateful and unappreciative he is...

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2010 at 3:05 AM
  • 30 Replies

At the moment I have a very ungrateful husband who makes me feel very under appreciated. Because since I have a sinus infection and a fever and ear infection he has the gull to complain about why all of the laundry isn't done yet!!! I do things for him (like his laundry, and cook, and maintain the house) and now he says he doesn't want me to do anything for him anymore. So im super pissed right now and can't sleep because im going to stay up all night and finish the fucking laundry and do the dishes and in the morning if he asks me where is all the towels Im going to tell him thats not my fucking problem anymore, you should have washed them before you went to bed you asshole! Have a nice day at work.

by on Apr. 8, 2010 at 3:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blindfoldedlady
by on Apr. 8, 2010 at 3:09 AM

Hahahahaha, I love the pic!!!!

smurfbitebug
by on Apr. 8, 2010 at 3:13 AM
1 mom liked this

i think you should leave that pic on top of the pile of dirty towels. LOL

MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2010 at 3:15 AM

If my husband complains, I stop doing for him!

Rmiddelton
by on Apr. 8, 2010 at 3:19 AM

Quoting smurfbitebug:

i think you should leave that pic on top of the pile of dirty towels. LOL

LOL thats a great idea! I just might do that.

Rmiddelton
by on Apr. 8, 2010 at 4:22 AM

bump

AmericanChild82
by Chrissy on Apr. 8, 2010 at 4:29 AM
1 day is all it took for me to get it through his head. He complained because his work pants weren't clean and that I didn't make his lunch. I was like wtf! So 1 day I didn't cook for him, clean for him, do his laundry NOTHING. When he had to do it all himself he apologized and was like thanks babe. I was like mmm next time don't complain or you'll get it again only 1 week this time.
BlessedFamily8
by on Apr. 8, 2010 at 4:32 AM

Quoting blindfoldedlady:

Hahahahaha, I love the pic!!!!

Rmiddelton
by on Apr. 8, 2010 at 4:34 AM

Quoting AmericanChild82:

1 day is all it took for me to get it through his head. He complained because his work pants weren't clean and that I didn't make his lunch. I was like wtf! So 1 day I didn't cook for him, clean for him, do his laundry NOTHING. When he had to do it all himself he apologized and was like thanks babe. I was like mmm next time don't complain or you'll get it again only 1 week this time.

Thanks for sharing your story, I hope he realizes how much I actually do for him, and shows a little more appreciation. I have had a rough pregnancy this time around and he just keeps getting frustrated and saying that my body is falling apart and he doesnt want to spend his whole life having a needy wife! Is that not a completely asshole statement or what?

sati769leigh
by on Apr. 8, 2010 at 5:21 AM

HUH!?!? why are you martyring yourself?

honey, men are basically BIG BABIES with little to NO concept of what women do day to day, what needds to be be done when we are sick, and what not. they simply DONT KNOW. its kinda up to we wives to teach them to SEE these things. and for us to communicate FULLY how miserable we are when we are sick and that XYZ is NOT going to get done unless they pitch in to help OR we are fully over our illness.

honestly. they are not mind readers and are very very in to thier own little worlds. you are wasting your own energy on being angry. teach him better. I am betting you a million whatnots that he has NO clue you feel unappreciated and that you feel he is ungrateful.

Quoting Rmiddelton:

At the moment I have a very ungrateful husband who makes me feel very under appreciated. Because since I have a sinus infection and a fever and ear infection he has the gull to complain about why all of the laundry isn't done yet!!! I do things for him (like his laundry, and cook, and maintain the house) and now he says he doesn't want me to do anything for him anymore. So im super pissed right now and can't sleep because im going to stay up all night and finish the fucking laundry and do the dishes and in the morning if he asks me where is all the towels Im going to tell him thats not my fucking problem anymore, you should have washed them before you went to bed you asshole! Have a nice day at work.

anetrnlov
by on Apr. 8, 2010 at 7:47 AM

That's interesting...my husband is nothing like that.

OP, I'm sorry your husband is being an ass.  Have you talked to him about how you feel generally and how he's making you feel? 

Quoting sati769leigh:

HUH!?!? why are you martyring yourself?

honey, men are basically BIG BABIES with little to NO concept of what women do day to day, what needds to be be done when we are sick, and what not. they simply DONT KNOW. its kinda up to we wives to teach them to SEE these things. and for us to communicate FULLY how miserable we are when we are sick and that XYZ is NOT going to get done unless they pitch in to help OR we are fully over our illness.

honestly. they are not mind readers and are very very in to thier own little worlds. you are wasting your own energy on being angry. teach him better. I am betting you a million whatnots that he has NO clue you feel unappreciated and that you feel he is ungrateful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)