Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

A 4 year old threatens to stab a 5 year old and actually goes after a knife!

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2010 at 2:06 PM
  • 34 Replies

IDK what to do with this kid anymore. One of the children that I keep is a 4 year old boy. I have always had behavioral problems from him, usually just fits and things of that nature. I have kept him for about a year now. This week, however, things have escalated to a much more serious degree. A few days ago, he got angry bc my son took a toy from him, so he scratched his face ALL UP. Most of the scratches faded, but there are still a few on his cheeks. The next day, he slams my son's head into the wall. Then the day after that, he hauls off and kicks the shit out of my son RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME! Well, yesterday, I sent Lance (my 4 year old son) to spend the night with my dad. Kind of as a treat for him as he LOVES to go over there, so he is not here today.

Earlier today, I go into the bathroom, for obvious reasons. Then a 5 year old girl that I keep comes banging on the door hysterically screaming not 5 seconds after I had been in there. She is saying something about "B" (we will call him this for privacy reasons)going into the kitchen to get a knife! Well, I come running out of the bathroom just in time to see B come running out of the kitchen. I walked over to him and asked him what he was doing and he wouldn't talk to me. He just kind of stared at me with a dumbfounded look. I ended up sending him to time out where he proceeded to throw the biggest fit known to man. I mean, if you did not know this kid, you would have thought he was possessed. Then after he calmed down I brought him over to talk to me. Asked him again, what happened. And this was his response "She made me angry, so I said i was gonna get a knife and push it into her face."

WHAT DO I DO???????

(I have already contacted his mother and filled her in and plan on letting the girls mother know about the incident upon pick up today)

I am a 24 year old SAHM of one darling 3 year old boy. I am the founder of Stepping Stones Educare, an in home chilcare service in good ol' Frisco, TX! Visit my childcare blog here!

by on Apr. 9, 2010 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MsDean
by on Apr. 9, 2010 at 2:08 PM

Well I would ask the mom to find him a new daycare. Oh and not to sound mean but why after so many incidences was he left unattended?

Momof2MixdBoyz
by on Apr. 9, 2010 at 2:09 PM

I think it's time to stop watching that little boy. The mother needs to take that child to a behavior counselor!!!!!  There is an underlying problem

Are you struggling with weightloss? Do you have 100+ lbs to lose? Than visit me and other ladies taking a stance and ready to kick the healthier living into gear!!!

Check us out at ~*~Mom's with 100 or more pouds to lose~*~

mrs.sgt

You tell his parents you can't keep him anymore, today is his last day.  You cannot put the other children in danger.

two4one

I'd stop watching, is what I'd do.

missmandalea

I cannot take him into the bathroom with me as it is highly inappropriate.

Quoting MsDean:

Well I would ask the mom to find him a new daycare. Oh and not to sound mean but why after so many incidences was he left unattended?

I am a 24 year old SAHM of one darling 3 year old boy. I am the founder of Stepping Stones Educare, an in home chilcare service in good ol' Frisco, TX! Visit my childcare blog here!

reecenkaden

I would no longer be watching that child.

luv_my_xiya
by on Apr. 9, 2010 at 2:10 PM

you need to stop watching him, plain and simple...that little boy needs to go into counseling or something...i would hate for him to actually go through with his plans

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

omgamomie
by on Apr. 9, 2010 at 2:12 PM

Stop watching him

ganfield_c
by on Apr. 9, 2010 at 2:13 PM

wow thats scary. i would NOT want that child around mine or other children i was watching. i would no longer keep him and tell the parents to get him some help

McKs0820
by on Apr. 9, 2010 at 2:13 PM

That kid is a danger too other children and your son you need to stop watching him now. It is not worth the risk and you should really convince his mom to take him to a therapist and anger management classes. That is not normal for a child

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN