Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Is there a safer alternative to douching? Probably TMI for most

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2010 at 6:27 PM
  • 24 Replies

I hear that douching is bad for you, so is there a safer alternative to cleaning it out in there after my period? As for the TMI part.....  The tampons I use (the only kind I like) sometimes leaves little parts of it's cotton up there when I'm getting close to my period ending and I know that not getting those out could cause terrible infections that are probably worse than douching. So... what do I do? And no, I'm not going to stop using tampons or switch brands.

by on Apr. 10, 2010 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KristaP13
by on Apr. 10, 2010 at 6:29 PM

IDK... My dr always told me that the "vagina is a self cleaning oven" but with your tampons I can see the problem.... Heres a bump.

aguerra13
by on Apr. 10, 2010 at 6:30 PM

maybe you could just get some lube and swirl it around in there with your finger and get all the stuff out? that sounds really funny, but it could work...haha

Avabliss
by on Apr. 10, 2010 at 6:30 PM

No Idea, I wouldn't ever mess around inside. lol

bump

annie610
by on Apr. 10, 2010 at 6:31 PM

One douche after your period is safe. I've been a nurse for a long time now.

IMAMOMx4
by on Apr. 10, 2010 at 6:32 PM

try using just water.

mommymelissa76
by on Apr. 10, 2010 at 6:32 PM

no idea..bump

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Apr. 10, 2010 at 6:33 PM

I can tell you my secret.Yogurt with live culture or buttermilk with live culture daily.I have not had any kind of infections in years.The cotton will come out.

Susan262
by on Apr. 10, 2010 at 6:34 PM

I would try just water.  Seems you shouldn't need anything with it to help that stuff to come out.

aruhl
by on Apr. 10, 2010 at 6:37 PM

Quoting laranadtony:

I can tell you my secret.Yogurt with live culture or buttermilk with live culture daily.I have not had any kind of infections in years.The cotton will come out.

I've heard of yogurt a few times now, I also heard its good to use if you have a bacterial infection down there (not STD)

jlew22
by on Apr. 10, 2010 at 6:40 PM

is it the size you use when your at the end of ur period? can you go to a smaller size so it doesnt' "stick" when you need to take it out? Just a thought may not help but I hope it does.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)