Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ds has UTI

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:16 AM
  • 5 Replies

my 2year old DS has a UTI. We just got back from er after 8 hours.  his fever is down to 101 and he is talkin now, not just crying.  This poor kid had to get bagged then got cathedered to get more urine sample.  we have to go to dr first thing tommorow. The said they will more likly do a ultrasound to make sure everything isok but who knows.  Any moms toddlers ever have this.  what can i expect.  i am gld we have a reason for the temperature now, hopfuly he can get better!

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
b_rod
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:16 AM

OMG. :(  I don't know. Bump.

jjlwallace
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:33 AM

thank you.  my dd had one when she was younger and they asked about it maybe it being genetic since when she asked me i stated that i got a lot of utis.  she thought maybe somthing congenital with us... don't know.  I don't have experience with boys so i am learning with my son as he grows but i didn't think boys really got them so that is why i am confised

CAarmywife
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:35 AM

my dd had one at age 1. it was terrible. poor thing. just keep him comfy, give him lots of fluids, etc.

jjlwallace
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:44 AM

thank you very much

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:43 AM

Both genders can get all the infections (aside from female and male parts that is).   I was told cranberry juice helps decrease them but since you have a history of them, i dont know if that would help with the children or not.   I hope he feels better soon.feel better

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)