Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seriously that is not a long time

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:37 AM
  • 11 Replies

If I read another comment like

My brother and his wife got married after (insert retarded comment here like, he beat her, they only knew each other 2 weeks) and they have been happily married for 4 years.

I will go nuts! COME ON! 4 or 5 years isnt very long. Anyone can be in a crappy marriage for a few years. Make sure its like 20 years or 25 next time you use a reference.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ColieO
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:40 AM

WEll considering how long 50% of marriages now last, 4 years could be considered a long time.

winterrose982
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:43 AM

ITA, up to a point. LOL. I've been married 3 times. My first marriage last a year, my second marriage lasted not quite 2 years. I've been with my hubby now for almost 7 years, we've been married almost 5. He was married before as well, his first marriage lasted 2 years.
For us, 7 years together and 5 years married is a long time. :)

insunshine
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:43 AM

Quoting ColieO:

WEll considering how long 50% of marriages now last, 4 years could be considered a long time.

LOL 4 years is when you come to your senses and you are like OH CRAP what was I thinking getting married so young to a fucking idiot! I thought he was cute but now I realize he is a fat loser. Those are 4-6 year thoughts.

winterrose982
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:44 AM

Quoting insunshine:

Quoting ColieO:

LOL 4 years is when you come to your senses and you are like OH CRAP what was I thinking getting married so young to a fucking idiot! I thought he was cute but now I realize he is a fat loser. Those are 4-6 year thoughts.

I have to say, I've never thought that stuff... LOL... now I know what I've been "subconsciously" been thinking. ;)

*SAMANTHA*
  Proud Army Wife To Vincent
Mommy To 6 Babies
Baby #7 Due October 5th, 2010!!
pregnancy
insunshine
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:46 AM

Well winterrose, you must have married the right guy the first time! LOL. Not all of us have. thats why the little comments of Oh they have been married for 4 happy years irritates me. ecspecially when they were said about me. I was NOT HAPPY! I am now though :)

Quoting winterrose982:

Quoting insunshine:

Quoting ColieO:

I have to say, I've never thought that stuff... LOL... now I know what I've been "subconsciously" been thinking. ;)

winterrose982
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:48 AM

Quoting insunshine:

Well winterrose, you must have married the right guy the first time! LOL. Not all of us have. thats why the little comments of Oh they have been married for 4 happy years irritates me. ecspecially when they were said about me. I was NOT HAPPY! I am now though :)

No, not at all. LOL. This is my third marriage. My previous reply explains that. :D  I get what you're saying tho... my point was, it's all about a person's frame of reference.

*SAMANTHA*
  Proud Army Wife To Vincent
Mommy To 6 Babies
Baby #7 Due October 5th, 2010!!
pregnancy
winterrose982
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:35 AM

BUMP!

Zanny
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:46 PM

That made me literally Laugh out Loud!!  So true!

I've been married for 9 years, in June, but with him for almost 14... He is the right one for me, and I for him, BUT- we both had horrible relationships/marriages before each other... I truly believe that you have to go through hell to get to heaven, as in, you have to know what it is like to have a shitty relationship to appreciate the good one.... 

Quoting insunshine:

Quoting ColieO:

FooLynRoo
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:48 PM

Been with my old man for almost 20 years.. so Im better than and know more than all yall!

haa haaa

j/k

bubbasmom0917
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:49 PM

i have been married going on 11 years. we knew each other for a month and a half before we got married

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)