Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The time for Beltane is near !!!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:49 AM
  • 11 Replies

The time for Beltane is near. It is time to celebrate and rejoice that Summer will soon be here !!! 

• Beltane is the great Fertility rite of life, starting at dusk on the 30th and continuing until the dawn of the 1st.  The union of the God and Goddess to conceive the sun-child to be takes place upon this holiday, no matter which tradition of paganism is involved. Beltane is the one holiday most discouraged by the Christians, who didn't even use it as a point for a holiday of their own because the power and nature of the day involved. Still, even in Christianized Ireland the May day dance of the Maypole remained, as did the giving of flowers to those you loved or cared for as friends.  

•  The Maypole is a symbol of the union of the God and Goddess to create life, the pole itself a phallic symbol while the dancers and their streamers or vines of flowers represent the fertile womb of the goddess as it takes in the Phallus of the god and takes in his seed. Besides the Maypole often a bonfire is present, and members of the group are encouraged to jump the flames for luck and their own fertility. Food, drink and love are the order of the evening. In most sects the celebration of unions of love are enacted.  

• Beltane is the time of  many marriages/handfastings in the pagan community (in some it is the point where one chooses to begin and end relationships of a  physical nature).  Clothing is very optional in most get-togethers on this holiday, and mostly it is sensual and colorful.  Even those sects that are prudish about things tend to accept the rules of the holiday, as it is the holiday of free love. It is said that a child conceived on this day will grow up to wield great power and knowledge and to be healthier than upon any other.

• BLESSED BELTANE EVERYONE !!!!
    •  

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sati769leigh
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:52 AM

thank you it is nice to hear from another belief

Gecko85
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:53 AM

BUMP

momof525
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:54 AM

BLESSED BELTANE ..to you :)

Sirenabella
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:11 AM

bump

Aamy
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:42 AM

BUMP!

Aamy
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 6:42 PM

BUMP!

LittleMomma13
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 6:44 PM

well I am a christian but I find your religion beautiful so I hope you don't get affended when I say happy beltane to you!

Aamy
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 7:14 PM

Quoting LittleMomma13:

well I am a christian but I find your religion beautiful so I hope you don't get affended when I say happy beltane to you!

Not offended in the least. Thank you. I cant wait, i will be attending my first Beltane ritual this May 1st !!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited. 

Amaranth361
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 7:44 PM

Many Blessings....

Aamy
by on Apr. 21, 2010 at 6:36 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)