Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need to know what to do Wednesay... Married moms only!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:03 AM
  • 11 Replies

Wednesday is my 4 year anniversary. My husband and I have been talking about it all month. The problem is just like year 2 and 3, we have no clue what to do. I have announced it through face book by posting what we did each week for the past 4 weeks.

Since we got down to 4 weeks, we can go through the four years.
April 21, 2006 The date we got married. It didn't matter that my dress was from my senior dinner, or that my mom paid some random justice of the priest $150 to wed us, or the fact that the rings were bought off ebay for $36 dollars, or on video no one had a... clue to what you were saying because you whispered your vows, or the exchanging rings have the soundtrack of the garbage pickup from down the street, or that my maid of honor refuses to wear dresses and came in khakis and houseshoes, or that your mom missed it complete and was completely wasted by the time she got there, or the fact that we went to your bestfriend's sisters house to eat thier food as a reception... Those vows you took as a 24 year old man to your 10 week pregnant and 18 year old wife in that park was all that mattered. It was the fitting start to a long relationship. It really shows that weddings don't have to be glitter and glam to last.

Now that we go 3 weeks left, we can go to the first year
April 21, 2007 One year anniversary. L'Janel was 5 months old and I honestly didn't think we would make it this far. Moving in to the new apartment on Bentler with the gate, I thought I was trapped. It was the day that we got on the bus and went car shopping. That... was the day we got our 95 calvalier that's 'running...'. They've always said the first year of marriage is the toughest, but we did it and survive.

Let's keep it going 2 weeks left takes us to 2 year anniversary
April 21, 2008 Two year anniversary. With having L'Janel being almost a 1 1/2, times were getting tough. We moved into our new flat at the begining of the year and I had got and lost a job within two months. The only thing I can remember is that I didn't kn...ow what to do for our anniversary but I don't think we did anything. You couldn't get the day off and it went on as a normal day. :(

With one week left takes us to the 3 year anniversary
April 21, 2009 Three year anniversary. ... At least you got a blue rose that year. I'm not going into specifics but between the pregnancy and the events happening, it just wasn't a good year at all til September (were having major problems around that time).

The only thing we can agree on is what we don't want to do. He doesn't want to do dinner because it's too cliche. He doesn't want to do anything sexual because it's too cliche. I suggested a family photo but he doesn't like that ideal. I am breastfeeding my second daughter mostly and don't want to leave her for that long. He suggested laser tag, but I didn't have fun when I went before. Right now, pretty much the thoughts are all exhausted and I would really like to do something this year.

Any suggestions would be nice. Also if you think some of the suggestions that got turned down are good, can you give me some reasons I can use?

Patrice Janel

Wife to Lance 04/21/06  mother to L'Janel Jacel 11/04/06 and Lawrael J'lise 09/17/09

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
janel09
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:12 AM

BUMP!

Shawnie8187
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:12 AM

Dinner seems to cliche too him, so make him his favorite meal ever! Have you DD make him a card, I know it is your anniversary but my parents always loved when we made cards for them, because they never really got a night out, and since we were a big part of their plans, it made them smile. If he isn't up for sex and you are, than find something you feel sexy in, do your hair up and surprise him, I doubt he will say no to you, you're gorgeous. And as for him wanting to do laser tag, if  it is something he really sincerely wants to do, maybe you could try it one more time. This anniversary is about spending time together, and making new memories for eachother! Go try something new, and just try to remember that no matter what you both do, you love eachother, and that this night will be the best anniversary ever!  GL mama

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil. -
Jerry Garcia

I am A mommy and a wife, I love my kids and my husband. I am a no longer co- sleeping, bottle feeding, attempted the breast feeding it didn't work for me, ABC and 123 teaching, yes I spank on occasion, park visiting, duck feeding, pet loving, child caring, would die for my kids kind of mama. You don't like me, you don't know mw. So that is fine.

janel09
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:33 AM

I just talked to him (we are both in the living room) and this is what he said: He only likes my mash potatoes. Unless I make a big pot, it really doesn't count as a meal. My daughter is 3 so he said the ideal of her making a card will be nice when she's older. I mention the sex again and brought up that he'd rather do something we haven't done before. He wasn't 100% on laser tag but now that's an option. He also mentioned restuants we never tried before. So thank you because at least we are making progress.

ColieO
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:37 AM

What did you do on your first date? What were you doing when he proposed? Is there somewhere special to you? Go to a dance club or something and request they play a song meaningful to you. Go sit int he park and just talk.

Shawnie8187
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:45 AM

Men can be so harsh sometimes! Im sorry mama, but yeah try the new restaurants, as for sex, there are still lots of things out there I am sure you haven't tried, maybe that could be an option???? I really hope this all works out for you!

Quoting janel09:

I just talked to him (we are both in the living room) and this is what he said: He only likes my mash potatoes. Unless I make a big pot, it really doesn't count as a meal. My daughter is 3 so he said the ideal of her making a card will be nice when she's older. I mention the sex again and brought up that he'd rather do something we haven't done before. He wasn't 100% on laser tag but now that's an option. He also mentioned restuants we never tried before. So thank you because at least we are making progress.

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil. -
Jerry Garcia

I am A mommy and a wife, I love my kids and my husband. I am a no longer co- sleeping, bottle feeding, attempted the breast feeding it didn't work for me, ABC and 123 teaching, yes I spank on occasion, park visiting, duck feeding, pet loving, child caring, would die for my kids kind of mama. You don't like me, you don't know mw. So that is fine.

Danessa
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:52 AM

I agree with this about the special meaning part... On my DH and my first valentine's day together I was preggo and sick to my stomach and didn't want to do anything. So we didn't make any plans, and when I felt better and decided we could go to dinner, everything was full! So we ended up going to McDonalds... And since then, we've also thought going to a nice restraunt on V-day was pretty cliche, so we always went back to that McDonalds...

unfortunately we have since moved out of state, and haven't kept that tradition since...

Quoting ColieO:

What did you do on your first date? What were you doing when he proposed? Is there somewhere special to you? Go to a dance club or something and request they play a song meaningful to you. Go sit int he park and just talk.

jennigirlygirl
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:55 AM

How about a nice lunch in the park.  Followed by hand holding while taking a walk and ending with a ice cream at the local ice cream shop.  

csnook
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:01 AM

sorry my brain is not working. so here is a bump oh and i had my daughter on 9/18/09

RiverDaughter
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:01 AM

Oh oh oh!  Go on a photo scavenger hunt.

Some one give you a list of things to find and then you get the best/funniest pic of it you can find (for example when I once did this long ago we had to get a pic of speakers and so there were a few of us standing up speaking instead of just home speakers).  It would be fun to scrap book and show people later.

Normally it's done it teams but I think if you have a creative friend they could give it a romantic twist.

2beautygirl
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:36 AM
This my sound silly but it's tons of good fun.Mini-golf or "putt-putt" golf .It's hard finding fun things to do for your four year.My dh and I just had our four year in feb. We had a wedding kind of like yours.I'll never forget it.This year was the first year we really got to have fun.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)