Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

you have to be willing to give 100%................

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:04 AM
  • 10 Replies

You want your relationship to work...........?? give 100%! Quit keeping Score!  If it's worth it to you do whatever it takes!!

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
joci2203
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:05 AM

Agreed!  Seems pretty obivious...

FL2AK
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:12 AM

I agree!  That is why I have a great marriage.  We are best friends and partners for life. 

Shawnie8187
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:15 AM

My parents raised me that you both need to give 125% every single day, and your relationship will be the best you have ever had. That is what my DH and I do, and I can say we have the perfect marriage, yes we bicker, and yes we fight, but we also love eachother with all we have, and we give more than we take from eachother, and we work so well together! I love this man with all I have, thank you for reminding everyone what you need to do!

TinaMarie72
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:16 AM

I do, but he doesn't!!

LOL!!  Oh yeah, that would be keeping score!!   Great communication and willingness to compromise all add in to that, for sure!!  I'm on my second marriage and thank goodness it is to a man who IS willing to give and compromise and all that other good stuff!   Yes, there are disagreements, I mean, Heck, we ARE two different people.  But, having the ability to work thru it and truly love each other in the end is great!

You gave the greatest advice ever!  Give 100%!!!

TinaMarie72
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:18 AM

Quoting Shawnie8187:

My parents raised me that you both need to give 125% every single day, and your relationship will be the best you have ever had. That is what my DH and I do, and I can say we have the perfect marriage, yes we bicker, and yes we fight, but we also love eachother with all we have, and we give more than we take from eachother, and we work so well together! I love this man with all I have, thank you for reminding everyone what you need to do!

The pastor at my wedding to my ex said a similar thing.  If you each give 125% to each other...no one should want for more!   I have carried that with me after 16 years and it is working well in my 2nd marriage...kind of funny how that worked!

MalibuMommy
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:22 AM

I give 110%. I have worked my ASS off to make my relationship work. It is difficult but totally and completely worth it.

manda0424
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:24 AM

So true!

Shawnie8187
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:30 AM

Good Luck, and I wish you all the best for many years to come. This is my first and hopefully my last marriage. I cannot imagine being with anyone else! I am so glad you are happy!

Quoting TinaMarie72:

Quoting Shawnie8187:

The pastor at my wedding to my ex said a similar thing.  If you each give 125% to each other...no one should want for more!   I have carried that with me after 16 years and it is working well in my 2nd marriage...kind of funny how that worked!

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil. -
Jerry Garcia

I am A mommy and a wife, I love my kids and my husband. I am a no longer co- sleeping, bottle feeding, attempted the breast feeding it didn't work for me, ABC and 123 teaching, yes I spank on occasion, park visiting, duck feeding, pet loving, child caring, would die for my kids kind of mama. You don't like me, you don't know mw. So that is fine.

insunshine
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:37 AM

More advice please Miss 25 years of marriage!

winterrose982
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:37 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)