Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What to do.... So conflicted... *UPDATE*

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:28 AM
  • 38 Replies

Okay so my husband and I had unprotected sex last night and this morning, and I wasn't realize the fact that these are my fertile days! So, I'm a little concerned that I may become pregnant. I am not on birth control because I used them all up and have been contemplating other methods other than the pill, including my DH getting a vasectomy... But we never go through with it because of the fact that we might want another child. We have two boys, and I've always wanted a little girl. So today after realizing I could become pregnant again, we were totally conflicted on if we should ride it out and see if I do, or take a morning after pill and try to prevent it....

well, we ended up going to walmart and buying a morning after pill ($51!!), but I feel so bad thinking about taking it.... Hubby and I decided it was best for us, because we have a perfect family of 4, and are finally out of diapers and I am trying so hard to get my body back, and if we had another baby it would be SOO hard on us financially... we'd need a new car and a bigger place to live. However, I can't help but think about having another and get kinda excited thinking about it...

What should I do?.... oh, and i know I do not want to wait until my child is older to have another baby. My youngest is almost 3 and I always wanted my children close in age... So i feel like its now or never... and there's a chance even if I don't take the pill I still won't get pregnant... I dunno.... sorry for going on and on, but I am just conflicted and my mind keeps pulling me back and forth.

*Update* So I talked to my husband this morning and he still thought I should take the pill. He stressed that he did not think we'd be able to handle it financially, and since he is the one working I understand. But then he said if I really don't want to take it I don't have to and he'll be fine with that also.... I told him my mom said maybe I shouldn't take it, and pray that God allows the right thing to happen, and he agreed, but then I told him that's what the 19 kids and counting people do, and now they have 19. LOL... So he said maybe I should just take it and if I still become pregnant, because there is still a chance, then it was meant to be....

So I took the pill just now... but I'm a little bummed... and I secretly still kinda hope I do become preggo anyway... But if not, then we are done with having children.

Thanks everyone, I just wanted to get that out. =)

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
insunshine
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:29 AM

flush the pill. 3 is not too much. Its fun. And you can get back in shape.

Daytripn
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:30 AM

Im not going to try to tell you what to do, Mama. But after 4 kids, and it being your fertile time, base your decision on the fact that more than likely, you are going to be pregnant.

Mami_JKC689
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:31 AM

It sounds like you really want to be pregnant. I would ride it out and see how it goes.

college.mom
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:31 AM

Dont not take the pill behind your husbands back, have a discussion tell him you want to see whats in the cards for you if thats what you want to do.

Mami_JKC689
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:32 AM

She only has 2. She has a FAMILY of 4. :)

Quoting Daytripn:

Im not going to try to tell you what to do, Mama. But after 4 kids, and it being your fertile time, base your decision on the fact that more than likely, you are going to be pregnant.

WindyCityMom23

If my husband did not want a baby now, I personally would take the pill.  However, if he was open to the idea of another and willing to make it work financially (moving and buying a new car) then I would not take the pill...

Twinboysmom22

What is meant to happen will.  Return the pill, if you can.  Don't take it!  Sounds to me you are ready but thinking about things that aren't that hard to fix!  Let it happen if it is going to!

a_and_j_momma
This is something you and your husband need to decide. Not strangers on cafemom. I'm sure you guys will figure out what's best for your family.
bayliesmommy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:35 AM

GO FOR THE GIRL! You can get into shape after her! The heart wants, what the heart wants! Your going to get alot of people that say TAKE THE PILL, because obviously if it would be SOOO hard on you financially then you dont need another one. BUT I SAY FLUSH THE PILL!!!!

Danessa
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:36 AM

Oh I would no way not take it behind his back... I would definitely get the okay from him first, and I know if I told him I didn't want to take it he would support that 100%. He was just as conflicted as me but together we decided to take the pill. But now while sitting here I am scared to take it... But I'm scared not to also...

The problem with discussing though is that we go back and forth so much yes and no, and there is only a small timeframe to take this...

Quoting college.mom:

Dont not take the pill behind your husbands back, have a discussion tell him you want to see whats in the cards for you if thats what you want to do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)