Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

kinda depressed..

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:51 AM
  • 1 Replies

ok, this is gonna sound really stupid but... I just got everly depressed by a friends baby shower.. it wasnt just that but its what really pulled me down...

Ok so my "friend" for lack of better term is a really awesome person, put up with me for about 6 or 7 years now right? well her hubby doesnt like me all because 2 years ago when he got out of jail i turned him down for sex (im just not that kind of girl).. Anyways, they got together and he has basically told me and her i am not to be around. I missed their wedding last fall, and now she is 8 months preggo. They had the baby shower today, less than 3 blocks from my house. Thank god i didnt go on the walk i had wanted to!!! Anyways, she posted pics and I didnt see that they were from the party, I just saw my supposed BFF tagged in an album on FB so I looked. FIRDT MISTAKE. I can see how much I really dont matter. Kinda sickens me in a way.... Like WTF I thought I was her friend but apparently not.

And to top it off, about ten minutes before that i was 'sucker punched' for lack of better wording. My penpal is the most awesomest person I know, and is currently spending time in a Conneticut correctional facility. Now this man is my number one best friend! and I just recently added his mom as a friend on FB hoping to see pics from BEFORE his time in jail. Nadda. Not a single flipping picture ANYWHERE nor is he mentioned at all on her FB. The daughter she gave up for adoption has her own freaking ALBUM (they were just re-united before xmas) but nothing for the child she raised. Kinda makes me sad :(

**EDIT now im talking with his mom, and we are becomming fast friend :D I love this man, and his mom is awesome so far :D

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
MixedCooke
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:32 AM

My best friend of over 15 years dropped me like a bad habit after she got married to this guy that I completely disliked from the moment I met him.  I tried to talk her out of it but then to try and maintain our friendship, I tried my hardest to accept him.  We did not talk throughout her marriage, literally after she said "I do", I never heard from her again!  Turns out later that he cheated on her with their neighbor from the upstairs apartment!  What is even worse, they had a child together and she looks EXACTLY like him!  talk about a painful reminder!  We tried to be friends again after their divorce 3 years later but so much had changed that it was just too late.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)