Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have been scammed!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:05 AM
  • 7 Replies

I ordered a book off of http://www.discountbooksales.com/.. The book total was only 5.00 I noticed I was charged the 5.00 from my bank account then another 1.00 on top of that.. well I started reading up on there company because, I couldn't figure that out and it looks like they start charging you a dollar then start charging you 19.95 saying you signed up for a membership I have my recipt and I signed up for nothing and I never would have signed up for that.  I am contacting my bank in the morning they may not be able to refund me the 1.00 but its only a dollar but, can I request they block all ever charges from this company because, they are not authorized.. anyone know if I can do that?

Lilypie

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
csnook
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:08 AM

yes you can i have done it before with a different company

Justine1123
by Justine on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:09 AM

Thanks!  I have bank of america and just want to block any future charges from this company.

Quoting csnook:

yes you can i have done it before with a different company

Lilypie

meluvja
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:14 AM

BUMP!

meluvja
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:17 AM

I bumped this because a similar thing happened to a friend of mine...same people too.  And hopefully no one else will fall for stuff like this.  The $1 is to see if your credit card works and it's suppose to fall off your account soon, but the rest of the money is them being shady....your bank should be able to block them.  Good luck!

Justine1123
by Justine on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:19 AM

I'm calling first thing at 7 am when my bank opens but if they can't do anything and this company refuses to take it off I will call them everyday.. I don't mind the dollar but i refuse to be charged 19.95 a month.. nope How was your friend able to get it off?

Quoting meluvja:

I bumped this because a similar thing happened to a friend of mine...same people too.  And hopefully no one else will fall for stuff like this.  The $1 is to see if your credit card works and it's suppose to fall off your account soon, but the rest of the money is them being shady....your bank should be able to block them.  Good luck!

Lilypie

NavyWifey122305
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:20 AM

Yes you can have them blocked from withdrawing money from your bank account !

I had to do that several companies a while back that were doing things like to our account that hubby and I never heard of ........ someone used our account......

NavyWifey122305
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:21 AM

Also I wanted to add....... Make sure you ask your bank to put fraud alert on them. They can flag them for fraud ( so can you but i dont remember how) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)