Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need relationship advice. stay or go?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:46 AM
  • 50 Replies

Update : Ok so my morning job is to deliver newspapers. And he comes with me because im not supposed to lift heavy things. Well he took off last night and didn't even come home to help me at work. When i got home just 30 min ago he was still gone, his parents said he was walking around (no license) looking for a job. i found him and he freaked out on me, wouldnt get in the car and told me to do my own thing today. Girls I dont know if i can wait to find a job by my parents before i leave! wht should i do???

ok i really need someones advice. I have been with my b/f for 9 months. I am 4 months pregnant. I moved in with him and now live 2 hours from my hometown and parents. I am 24 he is 34. I am working 2 jobs and going to school, he isn't working at all! I love him soooo much but he has been acting so wierd lately. Friday night he got really drunk and he tried to swerve my car off the road going 50mph! he was fighting w/ his friend in the back seat and wanted to get out, the same time he broke my seat and the next morning i noticed blood all over the car window. Since then he hasn't said 1 word to me. Like it was my fault or something! The whole time in the car i was crying and screaming for him to stop. even his friend was like"dude stop shes pregnant" and he didn't care. so after 2 days of not reallyspeaking we were sleeping and i woke up tohim "sleep talking" saying he wanted to die, then talking sexually about something! i woke him up and otld him to be quiet so i could sleep! he took off and left the house. i have noclue where he is. I dont know if i can take this stress being pregnant. he is not even trying to get a job, we live with his parents and I pay his child support for his OTHER 2 kids. Idont even know why i love him anymore but the thought of leaving him kills me. Its hard becausei have bills to pay and i have a job here but if i move back home i dont have a job! someone please, what would you do. he keeps  playing these games, hes great for a week then freaks out!

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrs_patterson
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:48 AM

IMO, you need to leave. The whole situation with the car would have been the last straw for me. Physically endangering your life for any reason is NOT okay. Please watch out for yourself & be careful if you choose to stay with this man. But in my opinion, you need to leave...get out now...

kiralyn
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:48 AM

Leave him. He is a loser. You his pregnant girlfriend, lives with him and his PARENTS and he doesnt work....and he's 34. I don't think you really need to ask.

pixxydust
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:49 AM

is he on any drugs. Is he bi polar

I would not pay his bills. Pay yours but not his. It is his job to pay his bills your job to pay yours. I personally would leave the car thing put you and your child in danger and in my book that is never okay no matter who it wuz that did it.

ColieO
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:49 AM

Ummm you let him drive knowing he was drunk? You're an idiot.

Twinboysmom22
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:53 AM

Well from what I read is all your story, and not much of his.  Talk to him and figure out what is going on (i know you tried).  But if this behavior continues or you feel uncomfortable and not safe then I would leave.  He needs to change his behavior and realize how important life is. His life was not the only one in that car..nor on that road!!

Tiffywall86
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:53 AM

no i did NOT let him drive. I was driving and he grabbed the wheel from me.

I want to leave but i dont want my child to be without a father. also what if i cant find a job back home right away? thats whats scaring me.

Twinboysmom22
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:55 AM

I just read he was real drunk and drove....why did you let him drive and more importantly why did you get in the car knowing this and not report it??? 

Twinboysmom22
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:55 AM

Oh ok ignore my last response!

Quoting Tiffywall86:

no i did NOT let him drive. I was driving and he grabbed the wheel from me.

I want to leave but i dont want my child to be without a father. also what if i cant find a job back home right away? thats whats scaring me.

Tiffywall86
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:56 AM

I try to talk to him, he ignores me and just says 'if your that misserable leave" we have been through this before and i leave on a friday (dont work weekends) and he BEGS me to come home and says he will change. He is not on any drugs, I think he MAY be bipolar but he refuses to get help :(. I just dont know what to do.

Wintersskye
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:57 AM

You need to leave, he is doing nothing to help you and your baby. You deserve so much better than what he is offering you. I will keep you in my prayers.   blessings wintersskye

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)