Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

REALLY need help!!! PLEASE

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:44 AM
  • 16 Replies

If you were induced did you have your baby that day? Or did it not work or take multiple days?

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 4:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nemiller
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:14 AM

i wasn't induced, but bump for ya.

NIKopotamous
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:16 AM

I was induced with DD#1 at 41 weeks.  They gave me the meds at 8 am on April 1st and she was born at 801 pm the same day.  I "labored" for 12 hours and 1 minute.  Of course, only about 4 hours of that was HARD labor and then 45 minutes of pushing.  And DD was 9 lbs 9 oz, 21" long.  :)

lady_kira
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:16 AM

I imagine it depends on how the induction was done. Nothing is black and white with pregnancy so you never know.

No_Worries
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:22 AM

usually if they do it early in the morning, the baby is here the same day, but sometimes it doesnt happen that way, i went in on a sat for a non stress test, and was induced around 9am sat and didnt have my baby till sunday night at 1045p, of course i wasnt in pain all that time, she just wasnt ready to come out, i guess she was a bit shy to meet me, lol, but when she was finally born she had a cone shaped head, and i was freaking out i was like omg whats wrong with my babys head, the dr told me it was cause she was in the birth canal so long, so i had to shape her head, lol

BlessedFamily8
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:24 AM

I was but they broke my water first, at 6 am I had my daughter at 5:30 and she was my 4th child. I have had friends that they just gave some Pit to and when nothing changed they sent them home and tried another day but I don't think that's very common any more.

murphy.smommy
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:48 AM

Im trying to figure out an ok date for hubby to request. My previous doctor scheduled me an induction at 39 weeks 2 days. But they have switched my doctor and she is on leave so I have no idea what day i'll be induced now. I know they will induce starting at 39 weeks (hospital policy) and she works that week....

My first pregnancy I went int labor at 31 weeks for 13 hours and dialated to a 5 before they got it stopped..then at 35 weeks it onlyt ook 4 hours after waking up in labor

sati769leigh
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:55 AM

it varies

Cafeolait
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:00 AM

I was induced for a week with with my son, he ended up being 15 days over due. The hospital tried several different ways and ended up finally going into labour after having my H20s broken and having a syntocinon drip. In saying that my cousin was induced in every way possible and nothing happened, she ended up having a ceaser.

momofgirls63
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:02 AM

This is what happened to me with DD1! She was breech, so they did an external version. After that they wanted to induce in case she tried to turn herself the wrong way again! Well, it didn't work!! I was in SO much pain...FOR NOTHING!!! I had to go home and wait:( About a week later, my water broke (on my due date) and she was born the following morning:)

Quoting BlessedFamily8:

I was but they broke my water first, at 6 am I had my daughter at 5:30 and she was my 4th child. I have had friends that they just gave some Pit to and when nothing changed they sent them home and tried another day but I don't think that's very common any more.

Ladybugmama86
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:05 AM

With DD#2 I was induced at 39 weeks because they thought she was getting to big, my last baby was 8 lbs, 13 oz. I went in at 4 am and had the baby at 4:15 that afternoon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)