Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Implanon?? birth control..

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:10 AM
  • 3 Replies

Has anyone used this?

What was your experiance with it?

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MrsReesca17
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:20 AM

It sucks, don't get it.  I had lost 40 of the 50lbs I gained while pregnant, and the Implanon made me gain 30lbs.  I went from a size 4 to a size 10.  My periods were ALWAYS irregular.  Sometimes I wouldn't get one for weeks upon weeks, and then when it did arrive, I would bleed for 3 weeks.  My OBGYN had to prescribe me Tylenol 800 to make the bleeding stop.

I had it taken out in November and the first 2 weeks I lost 15 lbs of water weight.  I'm down to size 6, but still not where I'd like to be.  And no amount of dieting or exercise will help, either.  My advice would be not to get it.

3earthangels
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:26 AM

I have not had the Implanon, but did has the Nortplant when it was available. Basically the same thing only there were 2 more rods. Anyway, I loved it. Had no issued with weight gain at all. Did have problems with my period for the first year, but it worked itself out by the second year. I loved that I really didn't have to think about it. The only downside was on really cold days I could feel the rods, and occasionally they pinched.

Crystal_Jewell
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:45 AM

I had mine put in at my postpartum check in june, I am having mine removed at the end of may when I have my tubal,  I had went from 250lbs to 180 while I was breastfeeding, i followed a very strict diet because i was so big to safely lose it when i stopped i changed the diet because I didnt need the extra calories. Even on a 1900 cal diet I have gained 25 lbs since november.  I have had no monthly since september (not that Im complaining about that), even after i bled for 16 days after haveing it put in and 2 very light ones the following months.  I have been getting awful awful migrains, and I have not had any sort of headach in years, terrible mood swings like on the verge of manic bi-polar.  I had never experienced anything like this before so i know its from the implanon.  I know what im going through is not typical but i have decided that has to come out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)