Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colors for pictures?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:30 AM
  • 5 Replies

Do you think a white shirt with gray, light blue and dark blue stripes is OK for a picture?

Later today I am taking DS to get his 1 year pictures done. I like the shirt but everyone tells me you should put bright colors on your kid for pictures. He doesn't really have any plain bright colored shirts, the bright ones all say something on them and I didn't want a shirt that says something on it. I was thinking since we will be right at JCPenny I could probably find a nice shirt there but I also don't think there is anything wrong with the shirt I picked out.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
hatinnd
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:38 AM

I think simple colors are the best.  The focus of the pic should be the person, not their clothes!   I wore a beige button down shirt for my grad pics 30 years ago and you can't tell if the pic was taken yesterday.   My friends who wore the trendy, colorful clothes are definately dated in their pics!

*         DO NOT buy a car from Tommy Denic of Palatine or Roselle, IL.  You can see why on my page.....  Or visit youtube: keyword (tdenic)    Help me save others from this misery...

hatinnd
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:39 AM

Oh, and I don't like the fussy backgrounds either.  Pics with plain backgrounds and colors look classier, IMO.

LovinMy2Girlz
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:41 AM

Sounds like the shirt you picked out would be fine. I'm not a fan of bright colored clothes on anyone in pictures.. It takes away from the person IMO.. ofcourse that also depends on the background and the photographer! Good Luck with your choice!

carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:42 AM

I have a coupon to get a good amount of pics for $10 so I don't think I get to choose the background lol. The shirt he is wearing is really cute but I just wanted some more opinions.

Quoting hatinnd:

Oh, and I don't like the fussy backgrounds either.  Pics with plain backgrounds and colors look classier, IMO.

hatinnd
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:45 AM

I'm pretty sure you will.  They have those pull down background scenes at every pic place I've ever been to!

Quoting carterscutie85:

I have a coupon to get a good amount of pics for $10 so I don't think I get to choose the background lol. The shirt he is wearing is really cute but I just wanted some more opinions.

Quoting hatinnd:

*         DO NOT buy a car from Tommy Denic of Palatine or Roselle, IL.  You can see why on my page.....  Or visit youtube: keyword (tdenic)    Help me save others from this misery...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)