Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else's little girl like this??

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:41 AM
  • 10 Replies

My DD is 21 months and she is a princess.  Got an attitde to boot, LOL.  She likes everything pink and "purble" and she loves dresses and shoes!  The shoe thing is a little nuts, this child would rather have shoes than toys (unless it's princess barbies, then she would give up the shoes, LOL).  She has to wear shoes (or pretty socks) at all times.  The other day she threw such a fit in Target, you wold not believe it!  I had picked up a size 7 in these princess sandals and then I realized they were going to be too big, so I tried to switch them out for a size 6.  She FREAKED b/c she thought I was taking her shoes.  Yeah, it's that bad.  She is so peculiar about the shoes, that she has to wear certain shoes with certain outfits and if I put the wrong shoes on she will cry and scream NO at me until I change them.  So, anyone elses little girl love shoes??

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SilentMermaid
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:45 AM

I do! My daughter is 2 and a half, and she loves ll shoes! When we watch Dancing with the Stars, thats what she notices about the dancers, not their dancing or their pretty sparkley dresses, but their shoes. She gets soo excited and says WOOOOOWWWWW Look at the pretty shoes!!!! And Ive had her on more than one occasion have a temper tantrum in the stores because we didnt stop to look at the shoes lol.

TabbyKat2008
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:21 AM

Yup my lil girl has a ton of shoes. In Korea you arent suppose to let them wear shoes inside but I let her sometimes. She is so bad that if she sees a picture of shoes she likes, she freaks out and yells "SHOES!!! MINE!!! SHOES!!" lol.

isra1986
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:22 AM

Yes!!!! Mine is!

helloworld.
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:23 AM

My little one is such a princess! It's my fault though, I've spoiled her rotten, lol ;)

openyourmind.jpg open your mind image by m3ll_2006 + love.jpg love image by clerk_album = peace-1.jpg Peace image by angelbunni93

OwensMama824
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:25 AM

My little boy loves his shoes... actually anybody's shoes. He's always over at the shoe rack trying to put on some shoes and at walmart we always have to stop in the shoe section so he can look at them.

MommyCakesinTX
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:26 AM

yes!  My daughter is a shoe queen!  She wore holes in one pair of shoes so we bought her a similar pair and threw away the worn out pair. She was ok with this the day we did it, but the next day we found her digging through the garbage!  That was a year ago and she still talks about how we threw away her shoes!

bugdoodle313
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:27 AM

My dd is like that. She is 5 now, and her dressy shoes and sandals are her "heels". She only wants to wear tennis shoes if she has P.E. or is going to be outside doing something that may mess up her shoes. She wants to wear dresses all the time. My girl is the girliest girl ever. lol.

Summer0216
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:30 AM

Yep my daughter is the exact same way! dresses shoes and barbie are her favorites. I mean this girl LOVES shoes. when we buy her some if we try them on and then take them away she screams bloody murder and it is the most embarassing thing ever. She also loves trying clothes on. She's a trip. She is my first girl and it's crazy what a difference there is betwen girls and boys even at such a young age. My son was this easy going kid, nothing really bothered him, but my daughter, oh lordy she gets upset and screams over the slightest little thing!

MommytoNandA
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:55 AM

Glad I am not the only one!  I thought my kid was weird!

My kids are the same way.  My son is 4 and he could care less about anything, except Buzz and Woody. :) But she is a total diva and has to have everything her way, LOL.  It is funny to see so much attitude in such a little person, LOL.

Quoting Summer0216:

Yep my daughter is the exact same way! dresses shoes and barbie are her favorites. I mean this girl LOVES shoes. when we buy her some if we try them on and then take them away she screams bloody murder and it is the most embarassing thing ever. She also loves trying clothes on. She's a trip. She is my first girl and it's crazy what a difference there is betwen girls and boys even at such a young age. My son was this easy going kid, nothing really bothered him, but my daughter, oh lordy she gets upset and screams over the slightest little thing!

BryNRaesmom
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:57 AM

My 15 month old will not go to sleep without her favorite shoes on. when she wakes up the fist thing she says is "shoes" LOL She LOVES her shoes!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)