Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ear Infection

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:51 AM
  • 5 Replies
DS has had about 4 ear infections and he is 8 months old. I think he may have another one but DO NOT want to do another round of antibiotics. I have heard of using garlic oil in the ear and we just started that yesterday. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Cloth Diapering Mama Pictures, Images and PhotosDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
judybant
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:55 AM

a warm cloth on the side of the head feels good... motrin or tylenol for pain... the only thing is... you need to make sure the eardrum hasn't burst if you're using garlic oil, sweet oil, or any other home remedy or OTC thing. You should get an Otoscope... (the thing you look in the ears and nose with) They sell them at Walgreens and Walmart, and then have your pediatrician show you how to use it, and tell you what to look for. If your pediatrician won't do that for you, then you need a new pediatrician. Most ear infections will clear on their own, and a good pediatrician will like the fact that you recognize that fact, and want to stay proactive in your child's care.

sahm_
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:58 AM

I wish I did!! =/ My son gets them too.

AimeeJenee
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:58 AM

we used Garlic, they had her on amoxicillan at first and it doesn't work at all I like the omniceft much better. One of my friends also recommended to take her to a chiropractor, they do something to help the fluid drain since it doesn't really drain well on babies, I didn't do it, Avery's cleared up, but if you do I would do some research on it first.

StructuredChaos
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 8:59 AM
Talk to your Dr about ear tubes.
DevynHummer
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:26 AM

I was just wondering the other day if I could buy an Otoscope. I didn't realize you could get them! Awesome! Thanks! I will have to go find one.

Quoting judybant:

a warm cloth on the side of the head feels good... motrin or tylenol for pain... the only thing is... you need to make sure the eardrum hasn't burst if you're using garlic oil, sweet oil, or any other home remedy or OTC thing. You should get an Otoscope... (the thing you look in the ears and nose with) They sell them at Walgreens and Walmart, and then have your pediatrician show you how to use it, and tell you what to look for. If your pediatrician won't do that for you, then you need a new pediatrician. Most ear infections will clear on their own, and a good pediatrician will like the fact that you recognize that fact, and want to stay proactive in your child's care.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)