Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone live in a hotel / tent etc...

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:39 AM
  • 6 Replies

Whether it was growing up, just yourself, or as a parent.  Or if you know someone.
Did you consider yourself homeless?
What was the reason you were there?
What is keeping you there...or what happened that you got away from it?
What were the daily struggles?
Anything that made it easier?
Anything else you would like to add would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
darcibeisheim
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:45 AM

For a period of time, my dad lived in a hotel near us so he could still have his visitation. I was just barely 10 so I never really considered it homeless. It was fun for us, like a mini vacation every  other weekend. I am not even really sure  when or why he stopped living there. I do believe it was drug related as the next place I remember him living was in a drug rehab.

isra1986
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:47 AM

I lived in a hotel for a while as a toddler. I obviously don't remember much except the guy in the next room worked with my dad and had a parrot.
My mom and dad lived with my grandmother and my aunt also lived there. My mom and aunt didn't get along, so my aunt kicked us out in the middle of a blizzard. We stayed there for a couple months until we got a crappy trailer, then a crappy apartment!

allurasmamma
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:48 AM

yes, but was blessed with a tent. I did not have an address, or running water. I was houseless.

BryNRaesmom
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:52 AM

After DH and I first got married we lived in a nasty hotel while we saved money for an apartment. Later we lost said apartment and ended up living in a tent for a few weeks. Moved to AZ and lived in hotels there. so yeah we have. LOL I dont think I considered my self homeless. The camp ground was fun. we were young and had no kids. It actually wasn't until I got pregnant that we actually had a stable home.

allurasmamma
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:55 AM

Did you consider yourself homeless?- homeless, no. Houseless ...yes.
What was the reason you were there?- i was using drugs real bad and lost everything I owned!
What is keeping you there...or what happened that you got away from it?-I finally decided after my X left me in the middle of the scary wood, to go use again. that this was not the life i had planned.
What were the daily struggles? food, clean water, being a dirt ball.
Anything that made it easier? there was a nice couple of ladies that owned and ran a local church, they fed us daily and even offered to give me a house! It would have been to easy to take it, so I did not.
Thanks!

I just wanted to add, that we all can find ourselves in hard times. If you have family, be grateful because when I fell down, i had to pick myself up completely. It was hard, but here i am 5 years later, with a house, my kids and a good man! I own things ?I could have never imagine owning, and i know the true meaning of feeling safe, and the true meaning of hardship. I have helped many people get out of their war and will continue to help as long as I breath.

If there is anything else you want to know...ask me.

jlb0418
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:34 AM

Did you consider yourself homeless?- i was not homeless. even though i didnt have a home i had a roof over my head.
What was the reason you were there?-
i lost my second son, house and dhs job within 3 weeks of each other. everything went down hill. i had a 2 yr old and my dh and my self in a little hotel room no fun. but it was better then having to stay with anyone. at least i had privacy.
What is keeping you there...or what happened that you got away from it?- dh is still trying to find a job thats steady enough to afford a place. i as well am looking for work. we are moving bak to florida this week were we have more family so we have more support and help as far as babysitters.
What were the daily struggles? depression knowing that i didnt have a real home for my child and a yard to play in , and trying to only keep t he basics in the room and still have things for my ds to play with.
Anything that made it easier? knowing that my son was still happy as long as we are all together he dosnt see the difference to the full extent

Thanks!

i was evicted from my house on the first because the owner couldnt afford the mortgage. i lost my son to a kidney disease on the tenth and my dh lost his  job on the 17 because they didt have anymore work. shit happends but atleast i was still able to put food on the table and a roof over our head

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)