Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think he is ready?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:24 AM
  • 1 Replies

My son will be 3 on May 5th. He is not potty trained yet. He was recently diagnosed with autism and SPD and I haven't wanted to push him into PTing because I did not want him to regress with his therapy (I don't know if he would, but I have heard that if the child isn't ready, they regress...regardless if they have autism or not).

He's waking up dry most of the time, he tells me AS SOON as he poops or pees, he wants the diaper off AS SOON as he does his business. He knows what the potty is and has sat on it a few times, but has not done anything in it.

I also have a 19 month old daughter that does not have autism and I'd like to PT her as well (she's gotten horrible diaper rashes since she was 9 months old and we do not know what is causing it...we've tried every diaper, wipe, cream, powder, prescription creams, let her run around without a diaper on, change her diaper frequently, etc. and it's not helping) at the same time....1) for convience and 2) because her last diaper rash (which she is currently battling) left her bleeding :( The only thing I can think that will stop them is to stop wearing diapers....

Anyone have any experience with this? Especially with a child with autism? Any help/advice would be great. His pedi said around 32 months is when they *should* be ready....but I know every child is different.

"And when there were bad times, we held on each other, to face what we had to get through" ~judas priest (RIP Daddy 04.03.64-08.08.08)

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
chairhead28
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:45 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)