Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What my 3 year old said!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:16 AM
  • 20 Replies

okay so yesterday me and my hubby were talking on the coach and my 3 year old son comes up to us and Say's " uncle Ronnie was playing with Anna's nene" (her private area) i said what! and he said it again and me and my hubby both looked at each other and yelled for Anna to come down stairs and we asked her did uncle Ronnie touch your nene and she said no and we asked her several times and she kept saying no now she is only 4 so  if it did happen he could have probably said any thing for her to keep quite i just don't know what to do. Ronnie is 26 and Gay! i mean he has not come out yet but every one knows he is, and the last time he watched the kids was about a week and a half ago and we were gone for about an hour and a half, i really need some advice i don't want to make a big deal out of it if my son was lying and ruin the family but then again how can i ignore it this is my 4 year old princess and i don't want to do nothing if it did happen.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krystlzd3
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:17 AM

BUMP!

Monstersmom307
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:22 AM

did he say it exactly how you pronounce it when you refer to her privates or did it just sound like it? This I would say is a perfect example why you should use real names for body parts.  It's alot harder to mix up the word "vagina" with anything else, than it is to mix up nene however you say it.  Good luck I hope you figure it out!

Monstersmom307
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:24 AM

oh I was going to add that I would keep my children away from him till it gets figured out.  You'd rather be safe than sorry.  Just try to avoid him without making a scene or accusing him before you're more certain

Spicysammy
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:24 AM

yeah we call her private area "nene" thats the only word that stuck

diane-b
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:24 AM

When she goes to the bathroom does others have to wipe her or can she do it by her self?

WildKat
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:25 AM

I think I'd ask your son if anyone's been touching HIS penis.  NOT to say anything about Uncle Ronnie (I have gay friends I'd totally trust to watch my kids)...  But it sounds to me like maybe he wants to know how you'd react if you DID find out something like that happened.  And there may be a reason for that.

Also - I'd start talking to them both about private parts and good touch and bad touch and how no one should ever see/show/touch etc....  There are good kid's books out there to help you open that dialog. 

ETA:  When you do talk about this stuff - be sure to reiterate that they will never be in trouble for telling, and you won't be mad at them for it.  If it does happen, the right thing to do is to tell a parent or grown up you trust.

Peace,

Kat

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:26 AM

I'd be very cautious.

Spicysammy
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:28 AM

To -Monstermom307

i know and guess what he just popped up yesterday  and stayed all day i wanted him to leave so bad but he is  one of those ppl that its hard to tell them to leave and we didn't want to tell him anything  until we find out if it is true we are going to tell telling her doc and maybe he can send us to some that works with kids to find out the truth

Spicysammy
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:31 AM

Quoting diane-b:

When she goes to the bathroom does others have to wipe her or can she do it by her self?

she know how to wipe just fine if it is #1 but if it is number #2 she needs help

lish63901
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:31 AM

I am all for the protection of little ones. There are ways to find out. You can examine her at bath time tonight or you can make an appointment with the doctor on a pretense that she is having a horrible rash you can't get rid of. Or you can ask him straight out. I am in full agreement that children need to be taught the medical names for body parts.

example of mistaken identity to a five year old: My five year old asked my husband what his tool was. He told her it was a weenie. Well a week later he is making dinner and my daughter asked him what he was fixing and he said mac and weenies. She got a very perplexed look on her face. Looked at him and the pan and then said she wasn't hungry and she was going to bed. "I don't wanna eat a weenie, Daddy." Since then I have taken it upon myself to teach my rather intuitive and bright daughter the technical words.

Anyway, I hope that is a similar situation here, and that your daughter is fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)