Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

are JCPenny pics copyrighted?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:16 AM
  • 25 Replies

Just wondering because I am getting my son's done today from there. I was going to use one of the kiosk things at Rite Aid to put the pic onto a CD  and then put it on my computer that way since I don't have a scanner.

But I don't think u can scan a copyrighted pic onto a CD can u? 

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Logansmommy34
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:17 AM

yes you have to buy their CD...  and they give you a release for with it

Phatpatswife
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:18 AM

they are copyrighted.

mcginnisc
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:19 AM

Yes, they are copyrighted... that is where we get ours done. As a matter of fact, I need to go pick up our pictures of my girls and niece today.

Claire

carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:21 AM

do I HAVE to buy the cd with the pics?  or do i only have to buy it if i want to put them online?  how much is the cd?  I don't have a lot of extra money right now, I am only getting DS his pics cause I have a coupon for a bunch of pics for about 10 bucks.

Quoting Logansmommy34:

mrs.sgt
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:23 AM

you have to purchase the cd, they'll put their watermark on the photos so even if you did make your own copies, it'll have JCPenny or whatever their logo is visible in the middle of the photo.

petersgal
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:24 AM

Unless you purchase the copyright release from them (I think you have to purchase the CD to do that), you cannot scan the photos to put them on a CD.  Rite Aid should ask you for the copyright release if you do this

I don't know about JCPenny, but if they are comparable with Sears pricing, we paid $119 for the CD and copyright release when we had my DDs done there at 3 months old. 

Logan_Bellasmom
by Falling Starr on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:25 AM

you HAVE to buy the cd if you want to make copies. if you just want them online you can have them put on the net for you from them but they will be low resolution so they can not be printed.

Quoting carterscutie85:

do I HAVE to buy the cd with the pics?  or do i only have to buy it if i want to put them online?  how much is the cd?  I don't have a lot of extra money right now, I am only getting DS his pics cause I have a coupon for a bunch of pics for about 10 bucks.

Quoting Logansmommy34:

carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:26 AM

wow! I know Sears is way expensive though. Rite Aid just lets u put the pics u want on a cd yourself-it's easy to do so they wouldn't even notice. I just wonder if their machine would notice..lol

Quoting petersgal:

Unless you purchase the copyright release from them (I think you have to purchase the CD to do that), you cannot scan the photos to put them on a CD.  Rite Aid should ask you for the copyright release if you do this

I don't know about JCPenny, but if they are comparable with Sears pricing, we paid $119 for the CD and copyright release when we had my DDs done there at 3 months old. 

Sarahb21
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:27 AM

Yes they are. You can purchase the CD full of all your pictures from them for around $100. That gives your the copyright agreement. But unless you do that, you are basically stealing from them.

carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:27 AM

I just want them online to show family members that don't live by me. I wouldn't print them.

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

you HAVE to buy the cd if you want to make copies. if you just want them online you can have them put on the net for you from them but they will be low resolution so they can not be printed.

Quoting carterscutie85:

Quoting Logansmommy34:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)