Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think me stupid or seriously demented?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:14 PM
  • 5 Replies

On Friday night I was talking to my S/O about exes and lost family and such. I told him I could probably find some of his and my old flames and old friends. Well guess what? Yep found two of my exes on facebook. The first doesn't say much about him other than where he is living right now. The other is completely dedicated to his wife and children.

Back story: When I was 18 I got with this really great guy. He was fun and loving. But I was 18 and really stupid. Made some awful mistakes. It still kills me to this day to remember what I was like. Any way after a year he finds this older more mature woman on the internet. She is his wife.

Any way I both saddened and happy that he was doing good for himself. But it still kinda hurts. All day the past two days I have been looking on my facebook for a reply to the message that I sent him that said that I was happy he was with such a good woman, and I meant it. He deserves to be happy even if I still (after 8 years) it isn't me.

Anyway my question is do you think it was right of me to have messaged him after all these years, even if it was completely innocent?

I AM COMPLETELY HAPPY WITH MY S/O. Don't misunderstand my s/o and I are completely open and honest. I don't really have anyone to talk to that isn't gonna judge me on the fact that I was silly and didn't show maturaty at all. I told him that I had messaged my exes but I was kinda upset about the fact that it was a stupid move on my part. Its not like I want him back after all these years. He really seemes happy and content and I am too. I guess there are still so many questions left after I have reflected for so long.

Thank you for listening and please don't judge me too harshly it was stupid and I regret it. Must move on with my day.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Pink2442
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:21 PM

It's just asking for trouble.  I would just try to forget about it.  You are happy now and that's what's important.

funsizedmommy
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:27 PM

I found my exes on FB. Never messaged them either, I thought about how hurt S/O would be if I had. Never looked for them again.

mom2myangelboy
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:48 PM

I friended on Facebook, a guy i dated in HS. He was my first love. Over the years I have seen him around and we has tried to talk to me, but he really hurt me. Since becoming friends on facebook i have worked through that with him and we have become friends again. It will never be more than that but I am happy that we can at least be friends. My son has autism and he works with kiddos with autism so he has been a lot of help as far as dealing with the school. My dh is not a jealous person at all and is fine with me being "friends" with him.

annie610
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:54 PM

Leaving him a message is just asking for trouble. 

lish63901
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:29 PM

Quoting mom2myangelboy:

I friended on Facebook, a guy i dated in HS. He was my first love. Over the years I have seen him around and we has tried to talk to me, but he really hurt me. Since becoming friends on facebook i have worked through that with him and we have become friends again. It will never be more than that but I am happy that we can at least be friends. My son has autism and he works with kiddos with autism so he has been a lot of help as far as dealing with the school. My dh is not a jealous person at all and is fine with me being "friends" with him.

it sounds like you and I have the same S/O. He knows all about me messaging my exes and knows that I would never go after them. I guess I needed some closure. Then again maybe I'm just stupid, demented and really a glutton for punishment. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)