Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You have to WATCH YOUR CHILD

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:33 PM
  • 21 Replies

We went to the play area at the mall and I observed the following:
a child around 12-18 months wandering out of the play area (due to the child's race and process of elimination, you could see which parent she more than likely belonged too) Mom was reading, not watching. Baby was still going. Another mother grabbed her and put her back in the area. Mom looked up and smiled, then went back to her book. The woman was trying to explain what happened, mom wasn't interested.

Carousel- 3 boys in socked feet climbing it like a jungle gym. The ground underneath was not soft like in the play area either. Those kids were swinging on it, jumping on it, using it in every way except for the one intended.

Mom puts baby under one year down to crawl around. Baby starts to make a break for it. Mom yells at older child for not getting her fast enough. Um, get off your ass and get her yourself. The kid wasn't allowed to play, mom just yelled at her to watch the baby.

Another mom drops kid off (5-6 years old) and says "I'll be back in a little while."

People are seriously crazy. It was sad.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemymarine306
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:34 PM

i just don't get some parents sometimes!

krayzbabylove
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:35 PM

OMG And then she is going to be "devistated" when her child comes up missing! This makes me so mad! I work at Chevron, next door to an apartment complex and yesterday, two boy, who looked and spoke like they were no older than four came in together with change and were trying to buy ice cream. The little boy said that his mom was sick... who in the hell lets their four, five, or six year old walk to the store by themselves???!!! Makes me so mad!

cadeesmommy0120
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:36 PM

I'm on top of Cadee the whole time we're at the park....I don't understand how you can just let them out of your sight with all the crazy ppl there are around...not to mention them getting hurt on somehting...

carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:36 PM

That is sad. At the play area at our mall I usually see people paying attention to their kids at least.

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:37 PM

i wouldnt dare leave my kids to play in a darn mall play area .. i let my boys walk to the store for the 1st time yestersday and i was scared boo boo less.and they are 9,7. i was so scared i went to the store waiting somthing was telling me they were home already so i went home and sure enough they were here already.

XavierLeesmommy
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:38 PM

i'm usually about 2/3 feet away from my son if we are at a park closer if we are in a mall/store

I don't get how anyone can not watch their kids

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:38 PM

if they were teens yeah i can see leaving them at the mall for a few hours but not lil ones 5-6 man that is why to lil to b leaving them at a mall.

CallieLynsMommy
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:40 PM

That gets on my nerves. At 12-18 months I was still standing within 5 feet of DD when she was playing to watch her and help her so she didn't fall. Now, since she is older,  I will sit and watch her but within a short distance and I get up if there is any trouble. Parents like that make me angry...I see this a lot at my job and we have missing kids all of the time. Sometimes the parents don't even realize they are missing!

celestegood
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:41 PM

My last neighbor was single, and was always partying.  She didn't work, and was always drunk.  She had a 18 month old son, who was ALWAYS running the yard/in the street ALONE.  While she played wall thumping music and drank till she passed out. 

And when she was sober, he still ran around in his diaper with no clothes on and nobody to watch him! 

I called cps on them so many times, it was sad that nothing was done.  They moved, and I pray for that baby.

Sarahb21
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 12:42 PM

UGH! I feel the same way. We usually confront the parents. I once had a little girl SPIT on my son's face. I was LIVID. That time I didn't confront the mom because I probably would have punched her in her face. Just last week we were at an indoor playground and this little girl no more then 3 was terrorizing my 2 boys and my friends boy. She scratched up my friends son, then she came in the baby/toddler area and kept pulling on and trying to yank my 10 month old around. She wouldn't stay away either! After all the times we told her no, she just kept doing it. Finally she walked to the counter, stole the giant bottle of hand sanitizer and took it up into the tubes with her. That's when my SO was done with her. She could make some little child sick if the swallowed any of that. He walked over and told the worker what the girl had done, then walked over to the mom who was on her laptop playing games on Facebook and told her she needed to watch her damn kid.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)