Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1200 calorie diets.....

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:28 PM
  • 5 Replies

actually work for me. Yay. I think I was eating too little before, doc said up it to 1200-1400 a day and I should lose about 2 a week. I've lost 8 so far, it's been 2 weeks. And I feel hungry, it's just the right amount of food really. I think the problem is before when I didn't count calories, I would think "hey, a bowl of cereal, 120 calories, 200 with the milk"...yea right. Not when the bowl of cereal is 3 servings! One serving of cereal is just like a handful! No wonder I couldn't lose weight. It's really enlightening to count the calories of every single thing you put in your mouth!

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
maynaysmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:29 PM

Yeah serving sizes make a huge difference.  It is amazing what a real serving should be and what a rest. serves as a serving!!!

KandiceN
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:30 PM

Yep it really does help!!  Hubby lost 65lbs once he started counting calories along with working out!

Just don't go below 1200, but I'm sure you know that :)

And congrats on the 8lbs so far! YAY!

Lilypie - (Cibd)

Kaybean
by Kayleen on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:32 PM

I eat around 1100 and 1200 calories a day. Not by choice either lol. I got really super sick a little over a year ago and found out my Gallbladder stopped working. It made me horribly nauseous and I couldn't hardly eat for 3 months and just barely could for probably 6 months aferwards. Now I'm at about 1100-1200 a day because I just can't eat like I used to be able to. I'm 98 lbs right now and if I eat like I do right now, I'll never ever struggle with weight. It keeps you thin :)

TTC a GIRL? Want a GIRL in the future?
Join this group!!! We share tips and
methods for conceiving that baby girl!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/22322

bethmoore71
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:38 PM

I can't lose weight if I don't count my calories. I'm a diehard fan of Anne Collins' programs online, and all her diets are based on counting calories.

mommy22boyz357
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:01 PM

Quoting bethmoore71:

I can't lose weight if I don't count my calories. I'm a diehard fan of Anne Collins' programs online, and all her diets are based on counting calories.

I hadn't heard of that, maybe I'll check it out...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)